• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help!! restoring stock recovery on photon 4g

Masterchief87

Android Expert
May 27, 2014
South Florida
I tried to flash a custom recovery on my Sprint Motorola Photon 4g a couple of weeks ago and I seem to have messed things up. Since Motorola has the bootloader for this phone locked up tighter than Fort Knox, all I managed to do by flashing this recovery was make my phone unable to hard reset itself. I have done some reading and as far as I know nobody has found a way to unlock the bootloader since the ota update to 2.3.5 that came out 2 years ago. Im hoping someone on this forum knows something I don't. Although id really like to find a way to flash roms & kernels, id settle for just getting the stock recovery to work again. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Never mind. It was still there the whole time. I just didn't know how to get past the screen with the little green Android and the triangle with exclamation point

I tried to flash a custom recovery on my Sprint Motorola Photon 4g a couple of weeks ago and I seem to have messed things up. Since Motorola has the bootloader for this phone locked up tighter than Fort Knox, all I managed to do by flashing this recovery was make my phone unable to hard reset itself. I have done some reading and as far as I know nobody has found a way to unlock the bootloader since the ota update to 2.3.5 that came out 2 years ago. Im hoping someone on this forum knows something I don't. Although id really like to find a way to flash roms & kernels, id settle for just getting the stock recovery to work again. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Never mind. It was still there the whole time. I just didn't know how to get past the screen with the little green Android and the triangle with exclamation point
Turns out that the stock recovery was still there the whole time and there was one more step to get into it that I didn't know about.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones