• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help return phone to stock

jlh4480

Jul 6, 2010
Guys,

Several weeks ago I added Unrevoked3 to my phone for the sole purpose of being able to underclock and save some battery. I've waited for Unrevoked Forever and am still running on 2.1. However, since I do not understand root, kernels, roms, etc., and am a casual user, I think the best scenario for me would be to return to stock. That being said, can someone please provide a step by step guide on how to return to stock. Also, please let me know if this will cause me to lose my apps, etc. Again, I'm not a technical person, so if someone could post extremely detailed directions, it would be very much appreciated.

Guys,

Several weeks ago I added Unrevoked3 to my phone for the sole purpose of being able to underclock and save some battery. I've waited for Unrevoked Forever and am still running on 2.1. However, since I do not understand root, kernels, roms, etc., and am a casual user, I think the best scenario for me would be to return to stock. That being said, can someone please provide a step by step guide on how to return to stock. Also, please let me know if this will cause me to lose my apps, etc. Again, I'm not a technical person, so if someone could post extremely detailed directions, it would be very much appreciated.

If your still on 2.1 the fastest and non technical way to get back to stock is to jus do over the air htc 2.2 update...that will get you back to stock and update ur software

The only thing you would loose in this process is root access everything else will remain

BUT...if you want the underclock...Jus click on the Netarchy link in my signature and that kernel will give you what you need

This is the version you would need
http://qap.la/~netarchy/netarchy-toastmod-3.7.5-signed.zip

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Index of /shipped/Supersonic

Download the same or a version higher than what is on your phone. Run it on your computer and follow the instructions carefully.

I ran in to problems with this last night, make sure your bootloader version is 76 i believe, mine was 79, so basically, i had to root using simple root, then run the ruu to get it back to stock. If when you are running the ruu you get a connection error, just run the program again and should work.

Upvote 0
Guys,

jlh4480,
This should help you, If you want to go to stock rooted, follow all the instructions. If you want to go to stock, non rooted do just steps 3 and 4.

http://androidforums.com/all-things...voked-forever-stock-2-1-stock-2-2-rooted.html

Regards,
BenHoltz

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones