1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help returning to unrooted stock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tama2112, Aug 12, 2012.

1. tama2112

tama2112 Newbie

Hi All,
    So I bought a used Evo LTE that appears to have this Custom ROM (Viper4G 1.0.0). I know nothing about rooting or ROM's, but it appears to work great. Questions:
    - does this means my devices it rooted?
    - how can I put it back to stock?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Yes, it means your device is rooted.

When you say put it back to stock - do you mean - stock but still rooted or stock and not rooted?

If not rooted, are you open to discussion on that, or you just want to know how?

It's all about choice, so we'll help either which way. :)

By the way, the Viper4G can be set up as stock (but rooted with good add-ons) or set up completely differently, so none of us are going to judge what you're experiencing or wanting. :)

PS - having root is the exact same thing as having Admin access on your PC, so you can install or setup what you want. It's considered a step up for that reason alone by those of us here, but it's not for everyone.

3. tama2112

tama2112 Newbie

Hi - thanks for the response. I'm not trying to change the subject of this thread, but if I wanted to take the device back to OEM stock, how would I accomplish that? I mean, un-rooted back to factory settings?

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Sorry, busy day. :p

It's not too difficult, I or one of us will advise tomorrow, don't worry about the wrong thread thing, I will shift this to a thread just for you, no problem. :)

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Gang, I've been swamped today with spammers and serial trolls - please help out here (get bootloader rev, direct to RUU thread, etc etc). Many thanks!!

tama2112 - sorry, it's been a Monday of a Monday, but we'll get you squared away. :)

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Well, in order to determine what you need to do to completely unroot we will need to know what was used to root to get to to where you are now.

Can you hold power, select reboot, and reboot into bootloader for us?

Tell us your H-boot version, whether the phone is **LOCKED** or **Unlocked** and whether you have **S-ON** or **S-OFF**

We need each of these to proceed.

HTC EVO 4G LTE Forum

The HTC EVO 4G LTE release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews