1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Please Help! Rogers HTC Dream Problem!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ryansvenson, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ryansvenson

ryansvenson New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Hey all. I have an HTC Dream and am having issues with my messaging. When I receive an SMS message the time stamps are incorrect. Also, when I send a message it doesn't organize it properly. It groups all of my messages together and all of the other person messages together. Very confusing. Is there a way to fix that?
    I know there is an update available on Rogers and HTC that resolve the timestamp issue but I can't get it to work on my computer. Any other way? Is there an update that I can put on my SD card and then fix it directly from the phone??
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Firmare - 1.5
    Baseband - 62.52S.20.18U_3.22.20.17
    Kernel - 2.6.27-9af60ed4u70000@Android-X01)
    Build - 1.85.631.5 146733 CL#33863 release-keys

Advertisement

2. bytal

bytal Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I've been having the same issue. I also want to know why i get a text to let me know that I missed a call. I dont need notification from the phone and from the messaging program telling me I missed 1 call.

3. JackTheMan18

JackTheMan18 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    There appears to be some sort of issue with the native functionality. I believe that this can be addressed by using ChompSMS a free app available from the Market. It works well.

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

Oct 24, 2009
    Real Estate Agent
    M A dub'l dolla sign
    What type of update if the file from HTC? Can you link to the page? I can definitely tell you how to install it once I know what type it is. I have a good amount of knowledge on the Dream.