1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support PLEASE HELP S7 Edge ... Google Services stop working over WiFi with EACH restart

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by RobNewm, Mar 13, 2016.

1. RobNewm

RobNewm Lurker
    None

May 4, 2011
    I have had my S7 Edge for about 2 weeks. 5 Days ago, upon restarting the phone... ALL google services stopped working over Wifi, but still work in 4G & LTE. Mail would not sync, play sore will not connect, play music gives a "connection error". Literally everything that involved my gmail account stopped working over WiFi. I tried the "tricks" eg: removing google account from phone, forcing stops, clearing caches and data. Some of these things work, sometimes. The same "trick" never works twice... and EVERY TIME the phone is restarted, we are back to square one with NOTHING gmail related working over WiFi... it's INSANE !!!
    I have never had this much trouble with a cell phone in my life. I want my crap S5 back. It had AWFUL battery life, but it worked properly. Any suggestions, or anyone else having this issue ?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Just an observation, not a help tip.

The S7 is showing up here a bit too often IMO with unusual problems.

Like you, I have and use two S5s that always work, currently using a Note 4, that "always works".

Now a Help tip maybe.​

Use WiFi360 to analyze if your home WiFi router is on the same channel as one nearby?

If so, change your Router's WiFi to a free channel. Also, make sure your WiFi is locked, not 'open' to all devices to freely use.

* WiFi Overview 360 Pro - Android Apps on Google Play

3. RobNewm

RobNewm Lurker
    None

May 4, 2011
    Definitely not an issue with the home wifi... as I stated, I can GET the google services to work over WiFi. However, when I restart the phone... none of the apps will connect to a google account over wifi. Gmail, Google Music, Play Store etc. ONLY the google apps, everything else will work just fine over WiFi.