1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ***Please Help Samung Galaxy Soft Bricked!!!***

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by novc216, Mar 2, 2011.

1. novc216

novc216 Lurker
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    Hi,

My phone's a Samsung Galaxy S i9000M bough from Bell running Eclair 2.1 and here's how I managed to soft brick it, step by step:

1. Downloaded Galaxy S Tweaker app from Market, installed on phone, used the root option and rooted phone, installed Voodoo lagfix beta 4, also an option on the app. This is where I should have stopped, as everything was working great :eek: .

2. Downloaded SGS kernel flasher app from the Market, and backed up Voodoo lagfix beta 4 to sd card.

3. Downloaded Voodoo Control App from the Market, selected option to download kernel. Browser opened, downloaded kernel. Went ahead with installation, robot voice lady came from speaker announcing the steps. A few minutes in, robot lady says: "Not enough space left on partition". Went back and deleted cache, same error message.

4. At this point I went to recovery screen using the 3 button combo. There was an option to back everything up. This took some time but it completed successfully.

5. Back to recovery screen, selected option to boot .zip from card. Found the original .zip I had backed up with SGS kernel flasher and selected it. This was the same kernel I had installed with Galaxy S Tweeker, namely the Voodoo lagfix beta 4. Nothing happened. :eek: Tried update.zip, that didn't work either.

Since this happened, I downloaded a number of kernels (Voodoo-lagfix-3.0-GT-I9000-odin-pda, Voodoo-lagfix-3.0-SGH-T959-odin-pda and Voodoo-stable-5.4.1-Froyo-2.2.1-GT-I9000-odin-pda).
    Installed them one by one by putting phone in Download mode and using Odin but despite no errors, I'm stuck at the Galaxy S GT-I9000 screen.
    Actually one of these kernels sends the phone in a rebooting loop and then the robot lady comes back with "not enough space on partition".

Is there a correct kernel that I can install to get things back to normal? I really don't want to wipe all data on phone. Thank you all in advance!

*A few hours later and now the phone keeps re-booting itself to the Galaxy S screen, voice says "convert data partition/not enough space on partition" then reboot, over and over again. Is there a way to free up partition through Odin? I've already tried deleting cache memory.
    **I can access ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.3, through there I can partition the SD card to 128M, 256M, 515M, 1024M, 2048M, 4096M. Would doing any of this give me enough space on partition to install the right kernel?

Advertisement

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    The out of space problem has nothing to do with your cache. It's your internal SD. Always have at least 2 GB of free space on your internal SD if you are going to install a lagfix.

You best bet would be to reflash the rom via ODIN.