1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Please help scared to move forward

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HellBndr23, Feb 22, 2011.

1. HellBndr23

HellBndr23 Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Rooted using unrevoked3
    All fine
    DL titanuim backup
    Deleted some bloat.
    Accidentally deleted one i didnt want to but not a huge deal
    (i now realize i should have just froze them)
    Went to bootloader mode then to recovery.
    No image so i manually created a backup.

Reboot phone
    Several shortcuts on desktop show android market icon for approx 5 second then switch to what they are supposed to be.

Google tasks gadget will not load at all. I get a square that says problem loading gadget.

Keyboard for all text input is no longer smart keyboard pro like I had installed. It is now some sort of swype keyboard. Smart is still on the phone but toggling it on and off changes nothing.

I tried to look around for help on my own but there is so much data here its pretty daunting. I dont want to move forward with new ROMs or anything else until I know why this happened.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums and congrats on rooting!

to get the keyboard you want to use just go to your text message app and where you start texting do a long press and a window should pop up asking you for input method/select that and choose which keyboard you would like to use.

are you talking about google tasks widget? if you have the app stored on your sd card, the widget will not work.

not sure what you are talking about with the android market. it was updated recently so look is different.

HellBndr23 likes this.
  3. luxetical

luxetical Well-Known Member
    None

May 21, 2010
    Student
    Arizona
    Sounds like you successfully rooted, so congrats on that :)

The Android Market flashing then returning to the original icons just sounds like the phone is still booting everything up, you said this is only after a reboot correct? And it's not causing any weird issues?

Also, like ocnbrze said, if you have the google tasks widget stored on your sd card you may have to reinstall it. If it says it has already been isntalled, just replace the square that says "problems loading...", it should show up in your widgets menu.

HellBndr23 likes this.
  4. HellBndr23

HellBndr23 Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Thanks guys all better. I just got paranoid. I didnt think about moving all the apps to the SD card. I did it in an effort to make the phone a little faster.

Yes the phone is still booting when the icons change. I assume thats from moving the apps to the sd card as well.

Now on to ROMs :) I really appreciate the assistance.

5. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    For apps that have widgets that you want to use keep those on your phones internal memory. For all other apps you can move those over to your sd card.

6. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    You might also want to flash the sdreadahead tweak. It basically increases your read speeds for your sd card. If you search this sub forum you'll find it.

Tags: