1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support PLEASE HELP.. screwed up trying to unroot DROID

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by divinehammer, Jul 26, 2011.

1. divinehammer

divinehammer Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    I have the original DROID by moto and my brother convinced to me root it so that i could tether off of my phone. i got the super user permissions, but the tethering never really worked well, so today i finally decided to put things back the way they were in case there is a problem and all i did was CREATE a problem... I NEED my phone for business and it is useless at the moment. i used the youtube video for how to unroot your droid "the easy way". i downloaded the unroot file, dragged it onto my SD card, renamed it update.zip, installed the update and now when i turn the phone on it's just black and keeps saying "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. please try again". When i try to reboot in recovery mode i just get a white triangle with an ! in the middle of it and a little phone underneath. my phone is currently a paper weight. can anyone help? i never wanted it rooted in the first place! nothing i push works. all i can do is slide down the top menu bar and check voicemail. all else is darkness... please help.. thanks much

Advertisement

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    RSD lite and flashing the Stock SBF has never failed me. Unfortunately, I'm at work and I can't get any of the files that you need. I can't even get into Youtube but there should be a video in Youtube with the tutorial on how to use RSD lite to unbrick your Droid 1.