• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE help, service goes away

sx4dude2013

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2010
Georgia
I LOVE this phone...but I have NO SERVICE!!!!
Service will go away and i cant do ANYTHING to make it come back.
I cannot send texts, place phone calls, get on the web.
I basically have a $600 paperweight.

Im at my witts end. I SERIOUSLY doubt its the hardware...i think it has to do with the 4g/3g. I dont have 4g in my area at all.

I got a new sim card today from VZW and that didnt help.
What would casue this and what are my options? I dont want to have to exchange it cause i dont think its the phone. UGH.

ANYONE EXPERIENCEING THIS?!?!?!?!

Yes. I have service 99% of the time so far.... but
today i went over my friends house and at her house i lost 4g service followed by any service...
if i put the phone in plane mode and then turning the services back on i got 3g coverage and the connection started working again. Weird thing is, my droidX never had ANY problems at her house before.

Upvote 0

Well, I live in an area with active LTE and unfortunately for me, I have had the same problem as the original poster a few times already.
Most of the time the LTE works beautifully, but a few times I get no service.:thinking: It usually lasts from 3 to 5 minutes and then it corrects itself.
It's just a bit annoying. I almost feel like I got an Iphone4.;)

Upvote 0
I LOVE this phone...but I have NO SERVICE!!!!
Service will go away and i cant do ANYTHING to make it come back.
I cannot send texts, place phone calls, get on the web.
I basically have a $600 paperweight.

Im at my witts end. I SERIOUSLY doubt its the hardware...i think it has to do with the 4g/3g. I dont have 4g in my area at all.

I got a new sim card today from VZW and that didnt help.
What would casue this and what are my options? I dont want to have to exchange it cause i dont think its the phone. UGH.

ANYONE EXPERIENCEING THIS?!?!?!?!

Actually, I have had some of those issues... And have been perplexed. Places where I got great reception on my Blackberry, I am now getting one bar or NO bars. Weird.

Upvote 0
You are absolutely correct on everything you said, so as I stated earlier keep your phone on 4G if you live in a 4G area & you won't have to worry about this issue.

Not so for me... :-( I live and work in a 4G area, but still am experiencing random service drops or declines and it's annoying/frustrating. I've rebooted, done the airplane mode toggle, etc., and it still happens frequently enough to notice. Crap.

Upvote 0
I have also experienced this issue a few times here in Northern Utah. I notice the 4g LTE or the 3g Icon turns from blue to white, and still shows bars, yet I have no data connection. Next time it happens i will see if I can place a call or not. It usually corrects itself in a few minutes, but it is very very strange...never happened on my previous DINC...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones