1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please help....Starting to get frustrated with SMS tones look inside.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crazytank7, Jun 18, 2011.

1. crazytank7

crazytank7 Lurker
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    OK... This is my wifes phone. Samsung infuse. She is coming from an iphone 3 and she and i are a little lost on these couple of things.

1. We have downloaded several apps to try and get different ( louder ) SMS tones, songs anything.....
    She works in a loud enviroment and she can not hear ANY of the pre loaded notifications.

all of the apps say set as notification and it does change the email alert but we want and need the text message aleart to change.
    Please help us with this in DETAIL we are both newbs when it comes to the droid user interface....
    Thank you in advance.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I do not have your device but you might try opening the text program and then hit menu and see if there is a setting in there to set a notification. If not I'd try looking in your general settings under sounds or something similar. Somewhere between the two you should be able to set the txt notification.

TonuStark likes this.
  3. Egidio

Egidio Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Male
    Austin, TX
    If hearing the sounds is difficult, then try a bluetooth headset. She'll hear everything right inside her ear.

4. leday

leday Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    I know this may sound too obvious, but did you go into Account Settings and set the volume level up for notifications? Settings>Sounds>Volume>Notifications (although mine seems to keep resetting DOWN for some reason, maybe because I keep clearing the RAM a lot, I don't know).

5. Timmmeh

Timmmeh Newbie
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Satellite Beach, FL
    I'm pretty sure this is the problem. The notification volume is set pretty low out of the box. I thought the same thing when i did a custom notification. I could barely here it. Then I adjusted the volume for notifications much higher and it was pretty loud.

6. knockandenter

knockandenter Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Not sure if you have figured this out or not yet. But, to set the ringtones for the SMS/ Messaging alone,
    Open up Messaging:
    Click on the Setting Button at the bottom left of the phone,
    Click on Settings:
    Scroll to the bottom:
    You will see Select Ringtones.

This will allow you to set ringtones just for the SMS messaging.

Hope this helps.

7. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Oh u should have just done more research on this fon. The sprakers suk, and if she works I a loud place this is not the phone. I don't even know what the ringtones sound like. My phone stays on all silent, all the time. Prolly cuz I never take my eyes off of it. I'm always using my device, but I nevr talk on it. U shoulda got that casio gzone, now that fõn has a LOUD AZZ RINGRR.

8. shann071090

shann071090 Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2011
    IN
    i use an application called RingoLite. But to use it, you need Rings Extended. That way you can set all tones to whoever and however. Also, I use a website called Ringtones, MP3s, Wallpapers, Videos and more from Myxer.com to make personalized ringtones. The ringtone will be texted to your phone, and downloaded through your phone's browser.