1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please help stuck on bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gtpdjw, Jul 13, 2011.

1. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2009
    Machine operator
    Kettering Ohio
    I was trying to upgrade to Gingerbread.please help rsd lite said failed flashing process and now it it stuck on the boot loader sreen and won't do anything I even tried flashing it again same thing. I used rsd lite because i have used it before and downloaded this Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01) again please help

Advertisement

larryfish likes this.
  2. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    I'm sure you did a battery pull and reboot.

If that didn't work this is from the FAQ on THIS SBF page
    I know it's about a bootloop not bootloader issue, but it's good advice.
    I had to do a factory reset after my SBF to FroYo cause of a bootloop. I had no problems after that.

Q: I did your sbf and it worked but now I'm stuck in a bootloop.
    A: Can be caused by a botched download of the .sbf file. Download again and re-flash. Some people also resolve this issue by performing a factory reset. To do this boot into the system recovery by holding home + power, keep holding home until an ! comes up, press "Search", browse to "Factory Reset", and perform it. You might want to try this before reflashing as it takes less time.

larryfish likes this.
  3. larryfish

larryfish Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    Hey gtpdjw, did you get things working again? I have run into the same issue myself and there many many ways it seems to resolve it. However, on my BL 30.04 display I am getting "code corrupt". Attempting a factory reset did not help either.

I am currently downloading VZR_MB810_4.5.602_1FF_01.sbf and I thought I would give it a try.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

-larryfish

4. larryfish

larryfish Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    UPDATE:

I retried unzipping the .602 sbf from the tutorial before trying VZR_MB810_4.5.602_1FF_01.sbf. I guess the third try was the charm....because it worked! The only difference was that the green msg light was on the entire time the flash was upload/install was going on.

Now I am rooted on 2.3.3

Anyway, awesome site everyone. My next project is to remove all the bloatware and work on optimizing the performance.

I'm no longer scared! ;-)