1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

please help.. unable to start up dext!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by liamjhewitt, Jan 31, 2011.

1. liamjhewitt

liamjhewitt New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Initial setup on motorola dext - motoblur account help!!!! :thinking:
    hi guys, i have a big complicated problem here, any suggestions/hints/tips or replies at all would be a massive help :D

ok, so i bought a motorola dext a couple of days ago and for the first 24hrs it worked fine.... but then it started charging me loads for internet use. i figured it was because the 3g(or one of the others such as wifi or gprs) was always on and the dext doesn't turn it off, so i would always be paying for internet even though i wasn't using it.....

so i tried to download the free app called apndriod online.(this enables the user to turn of 3g) this failed....
    i then tried to download it from the app market on my phone...internet would not connect...."service temporarily unavailable"
    apparently i needed to set up a new motoblur account for this to work (phone was second hand) and to do the factory reset -

BUT----

when i did this and went to set up a new motoblur account this happened : "error creating account, the blur service is temporarily unavailable.... so i created a new account online hoping this would work on the phone, but no matter what i do i cant get past the initial setup process or reset the phone again.

I HAVE TRIED VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING!!!!! but no luck :(
    -attempting to download internet app failed----
    -factory reset didn't help----
    -creating new motoblur accounts both online and on phone didn't help--
    :thinking:

p.s. i have tried simply clicking next again and again to sign into motoblur on my dext, one time it loaded a little bit more and displayed a different message, something like "cannot connect to server or recieve data or something"

Thankyou for taking the time to read this i would really appreciate any help :D
    thankyou

Advertisement