• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please help.. unable to start up dext!!

liamjhewitt

Lurker
Jan 31, 2011
Initial setup on motorola dext - motoblur account help!!!! :thinking:
hi guys, i have a big complicated problem here, any suggestions/hints/tips or replies at all would be a massive help :D

ok, so i bought a motorola dext a couple of days ago and for the first 24hrs it worked fine.... but then it started charging me loads for internet use. i figured it was because the 3g(or one of the others such as wifi or gprs) was always on and the dext doesn't turn it off, so i would always be paying for internet even though i wasn't using it.....

so i tried to download the free app called apndriod online.(this enables the user to turn of 3g) this failed....
i then tried to download it from the app market on my phone...internet would not connect...."service temporarily unavailable"
apparently i needed to set up a new motoblur account for this to work (phone was second hand) and to do the factory reset -

BUT----

when i did this and went to set up a new motoblur account this happened : "error creating account, the blur service is temporarily unavailable.... so i created a new account online hoping this would work on the phone, but no matter what i do i cant get past the initial setup process or reset the phone again.

I HAVE TRIED VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING!!!!! but no luck :(
-attempting to download internet app failed----
-factory reset didn't help----
-creating new motoblur accounts both online and on phone didn't help--
:thinking:

p.s. i have tried simply clicking next again and again to sign into motoblur on my dext, one time it loaded a little bit more and displayed a different message, something like "cannot connect to server or recieve data or something"

Thankyou for taking the time to read this i would really appreciate any help :D
thankyou

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones