1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please help update box to lollipop 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brad Steeves, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Brad Steeves

Brad Steeves Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2017
    Okay so I've been searching everywhere on google for anything to help me get kodi 17 on my m8s s812 box. My box won't go to reboot mode when a tooth pick is used to press the button in the back it quickly says rebooting and then goes back to the main loading screen.

Anyways I heard you can use a USB burning tool so I didn't and hooked the box up and successfully had it recognize and connected but when I inserted the image file I downloaded with the firmware it said Parcel error or something like that.

Anyways I figured it was because I'm not using the right firmware for my chip set. Mine says KOT49H. 20160226-1428 test-keys but I cannot for the life of me find a lollipop 5.1.1 update with that chip set!!!!! Please help I really don't want to have to buy a new box.

On another note, I saw a video showing how to use this program called something editor (can't remember the actual name now) anyways it had me essentially editing the text so now it says it's running 5.1.1 but I feel like it didn't do squat as it still says when I try to install kodi 17 that it is incompatible. Do I have to reverse this now?

Please help!!!!!!

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Think you need to contact the manufacturer, and enquire if they've released a 5.11 for their device. Any Android OS updates are device specific and come from manufacturer, or an appropriate custom ROM, if available.

3. Brad Steeves

Brad Steeves Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2017
    Can you provide a source for a Rom? I bought it from goobang doo from Amazon so likely won't be getting in contact with them