1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Please help update to froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coryvarisco, Sep 18, 2010.

1. coryvarisco

coryvarisco New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Ive been trying to get froyo on my phone. I got the push from verizon but it wouldnt do anything for me. I tried to goto my setting and about phone and update phone but it tells me my phone is up to date. I also tried to download the update.zip and put it on my SD card and do the whole manual process and it starts to update but after a couple seconds it tells me the update was aborted and then i reboot the phone and its just 2.1 still. anyone have this same problem? i also tried a complete wipe and it still didnt work. any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes i made sure the update.zip was going to the SD card and NO i didn put it in a folder. I dont need to unzip the downloaded file or anything right? i just download it and then drag and drop it in the SD card right? thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2010
    We need to know a few things, rooted? What ROM are you running? Any radio updates? Etc.

3. coryvarisco

coryvarisco New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I never changed any ROM's nor any radio upgrades. the phone was once rooted with the Unrevoked 123 method or whatever the name of it was but i unrooted it a while back and like i said i did a full wipe today to try and get the upgrade to work and still no luck

4. coryvarisco

coryvarisco New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    i get it to the point that i goto APPLY sdcard:update.zip and it starts the process says install from sdcard the finding update package then opening update package then verrifying update then it says "installing update.. assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop" etc..... the at the end it says E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 7)
    Installation Aborted