1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Please help w root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KinGDaViD63, Apr 3, 2011.

1. KinGDaViD63

KinGDaViD63 Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Ok here's the deal... I ran Visionary and rooted my phone... Atleast im guessing it's rooted it's rebooted and im still running su apps.. Anyways and now i installed rom manager and d/loaded the cyanogenmod7 and after i d/loaded it i tried to install in from rommanager and the phone will reboot and come to this screen and i click on apply update.zip and it says invalid command.. Please help what am i doing wrong.. i hate to sound like a noob. but im new to this all.. thanks for your help... i love the htc stuff so if theres a new better htc rom i would love to have it...

Advertisement

2. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    V.A
    u need to select 'install zip from sd card' then 'choose zip from sd card' then find ur rom click it and scroll down to YES and u should be fine after that.

KinGDaViD63 likes this.
  3. KinGDaViD63

KinGDaViD63 Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Ok one more thing bud... slim running cyaogen7 I guess it is... its cool but is there any Rome with HTC Widgets? And how do I change my bootup scr3n? Or change themes? Please help

4. Kimbernator

Kimbernator Member
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    HTC sense-ish roms: Find teamroyal. their roms are sense.

Startup animation:
    How?: Download a bootscreen.zip file from the below link, then use root explorer to replace the one in system/media (Back up the original first)

Collection of bootscreens: [Collection] Custom Boot Animations and Splash Screens - xda-developers

Themes: Go to theme chooser in app drawer.

5. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    V.A
    [/B]
    this is how i changed my boot screen

1. download the attached zip (labled SplashFlasher_1.0.zip) to ur desk top and unzip it
    2. find desired wallpaper/pic and make sure it is 480x800
    3. open the folder u unzipped and click the folder that says 'place image here' drag and drop ur custom boot screen image here.
    4. back out of the folder and select the item that says 'click here' and click run (when prompted) . once youve done that just follow the command prompts. shouldnt take more than 5mins.

**also** make sure your picture is in png or jpg format, other wise youll have to convert it.

Attached Files:

6. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    V.A
    i get my themes from the XDA forums. there are some in the market as well. if theres any other forums you go to (android ones) id check there mytouch 4g sub forum for themes. im not sure if theres any here on this forum i havent checked honestly.