• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help! What are the files in my Android folder?

ejgibson88

Lurker
Apr 22, 2018
My husband and I have been having trouble with our phones for months. My Google activity showed things like 'used com.lge.hiddenmenu' and 'used com.system.ui' We've tried looking these up, but everything we find is instructions on rooting. I have no interest in possibly ruining my device, but have no idea why these programs would be accessed if my system isn't being altered. I found com.lge.hiddenmenu in my file manager Android folder. My husband says that the file only exists if I've already accessed the menu. What could be going on? Please help.

I don't have an LG, so can't tell you what does or does not cause com.lge.hiddenmenus to appear in an activity log, what options it would consider to be part of the "hidden menus", or whether a ordinary system service could activate that in normal operation.

But perhaps it would be better to back up a little. You say that you've been having problems with your phones for months, but all you've told us about is these entries in your usage logs - one of which is certainly innocuous, the other one almost certainly so. But what you've not told us is what the actual problems are. So maybe it will be more productive for you to tell us about instead?

Reactions: Bg260 and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Yep. I've got it but have never accessed it.
Screenshot_2018-04-22-13-35-01.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones