• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help with a few issues I have

Notetwo

Dec 19, 2012
Hello

I have had my note 2 for around 6-8 weeks now and need help with a few things.

• When I play back a video I have recorded using the Note 2 camera it does not play back full screen, only the middle 1/3 or less! is their a setting to change this so the video is played back full screen?
  • I have a 64gb Sandisc (class 10) memory card and would like to know how to change the setting so everything that is possible is saved to the memory card rather than to the phones memory?
Thank you :)

Question 1.

• When I play back a video I have recorded using the Note 2 camera it does not play back full screen, only the middle 1/3 or less! is their a setting to change this so the video is played back full screen?

Do you still get only 1/3 after you have pressed the rotate option in the video player?

48zpt44gb

Does your film look like this?

rncj42der

photo sharing

Question 2.

The only way you can get applications onto you External SD card is to root you phone and to carry out a directory bind.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35097315

Otherwise all your apps are stored on the Internal SD card but your fils and music can be stored on your external SD Card.

Upvote 0
Question 1.

Do you still get only 1/3 after you have pressed the rotate option in the video player?

48zpt44gb

Does your film look like this?

rncj42der

photo sharing

Question 2.

The only way you can get applications onto you External SD card is to root you phone and to carry out a directory bind.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=35097315

Otherwise all your apps are stored on the Internal SD card but your fils and music can be stored on your external SD Card.

Hello,

Yes the videos play back at around that size, maybe a bit smaller.

And with the SD card I was wanting to set it up so everything but the apps get saved to the SD card so the phone memory can be saved for Apps only.

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
My video plays back full screen did some only this morning ............just checking my settings.....Recording mode is set to normal......Resolution....1920x1080......white balance auto.......Video quality Superfine.........Storage Memory Card
Hope that helps

Cool thanks I will make sure my settings are the same as yours when I get the chance.

Very busy at work at the moment, and cant look at my phone at my desk.

Upvote 0
If you use the rotate button does it not then become full screen?

I have just had a play around and noticed that it is only happening on the videos I have recorded since adding the Sandisc 64gb SD card :thinking:

When watching the videos with the phone up right it is full screen but when I turn (rotate) the phone on its side the video is then not full screen.

Upvote 0
I have just had a play around and noticed that it is only happening on the videos I have recorded since adding the Sandisc 64gb SD card :thinking:

When watching the videos with the phone up right it is full screen but when I turn (rotate) the phone on its side the video is then not full screen.

I guess you are holding the phone straight up when you took your video, try holding the phone on its side (horizontally) while taking video.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Yes the videos play back at around that size, maybe a bit smaller.

And with the SD card I was wanting to set it up so everything but the apps get saved to the SD card so the phone memory can be saved for Apps only.

Thanks for your help

Go into the settings on the camera and you can select to save your photos and video to the sd card.

For music, all you need to do there is drag and drop to you sd card. For any other app files, like downloaded podcasts or something like that, you should be able to go into the settings of that app and select the sd card in which to save file information.

You can always use the stock "MyFiles" app to move content.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones