• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please help with contacts problems

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
when i first setup the phone i sync my contacts with facebook but then i decide not to do that since i didnt like having to use full names..

so i went back but the ones that i did that have the full names i cant find where to edit the name now i go into edit and it displays only the short name not long name so i figure i would remove these contacts and read them the way i want them

well now i go to add contact and it forcing me to choose an account like google account and i dont want that either i want them as phone contacts like the rest of my contacts..how do i fix this

try setting up a contact group in gmail/google voice (if you have it). i set up my contacts in GV and not all had last names or phone numbers, but some were in fb. the ones in fb still show up with the synced fb pix and other info, but not the last names.

if you set them in gmail/gv and choose to sync only that account, it should work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones