1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please Help with Home Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dhyatt1080, Feb 3, 2011.

1. dhyatt1080

dhyatt1080 Lurker

On my Droid X I just lost my custom homescreens and they have been replaced by some previous versions/default screens. Also, when I press the bottom left key there is no longer an option for "Preferences" and I can not figure out how to get my custom screens back.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

which launcher are you using? how did you just "lose" them? what apps have you installed, what changes have you made?

3. dhyatt1080

dhyatt1080 Lurker

Not sure which launcher I am using. I think I accidently hit a button to change my default launcher or home screen. I had launcher pro installed and deleted it and rebooted but to no avail.

4. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

sounds like you went from launcher pro/ADW/or go launcher or some other launcher from the market to the stock launcher. simple fix.
    download clear default home from the market (free) hopen it up and clear defaults. then hit the home button, this should bring up a window with all your launchers installed on the phone. select the one you want. once you are on the correct one, hit home again, check the box to make it default, and select that same launcher again.

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

you should be able to clear defaults by accessing settings via the app drawer as well

6. dhyatt1080

dhyatt1080 Lurker

In settings, which action will allow me to clear defaults?

I tried to Clear Default Home. When I cleared defaults and clicked on the home button, it just took me back home to the old home page. No window poppped up listing my launchers.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews