1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please help with Notification Settings

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Junboy13, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Junboy13

Junboy13 Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2016
    Male
    Hi...

I just changed from iOS to Android and i am having some trouble with the notification settings.

I had two problems:

1) I wanted notifications to wake up the phone to show me if a text message, email etc was received. I found that this happens with stock text messages but not with whatsapp, gmail etc etc. I solved the problem downloading the app Screen Notifications. Now the phone wakes up on lock screen and shows the notifications i want.

2) The problem i am having now is that i would like notifications to show the sender only WITHOUT THE CONTENT. The way the factory settings are, they allow you to show or hide content, but when i choose not to show content it doesn't show the sender either.

For example, if the setting is set to show content, it will show the sender and a preview of the message (text, whatsapp, gmail, etc). If the setting is set to not show content, it will only display TEXT MESSAGE RECEIVED (i wont know who sent it unless I enter the phone).

The setting of showing sender only is stock with the iphone. Has anyone found a way to do this with galaxy S7 (with stock settings or apps)? It would even be good if it shows the sender only and then a preview if swiped down on lock screen notification.

Advertisement