1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please help with Samsung Gio Galaxy phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hana N, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Hana N

Hana N Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Hi,

I hope someone can help before I loose the will to live.

I recently switched from having a Nokia to a Samsung Gio Galaxy GT-S5660M and have the following problems.

1) I am unable to send any photo messages. I can send and receive a text message without any problems, but when I attach a photo it just doesn't work. When I press the 'send' button, a small message box pops up "Currently unable to send this message. We will let you know as soon as the service becomes available".

2) I am unable to retrieve/download photos from my gallery onto my PC. I have all the right wires. I plug the phone and USB end into my computer it starts charging the phone, but that's it. Should I not be able to see the external device in 'my computer' like if you plug in a digital camera.

Despite my own best efforts and endless phone calls to my cell provider I am none the wiser as to what the problem is. PLEASE HELP! Can anyone shed light on what the problem may be? Is it at my end? Is it my cell phone provider? Is the phone itself? Any advice/reccomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hana

Advertisement

2. tony378

tony378 Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    download samsung kies

3. cerberusss

cerberusss Member
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    To send MMS (i.e. photos), you need to configure the phone correctly, see also APN settings for Android to enable Internet & MMS

You can download Samsung Kies, as the other poster suggested.

You can also do the copying manually, see this video:
    2 easy ways to connect your droid to computer to add/remove files - YouTube

Then using Windows Explorer, navigate to the new drive, and open the folder DCIM, then open the folder Camera. There are your photos.

4. bk436

bk436 Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Getting Samsung Kies to work seemed like a big pita to me, but I eventually got it to work. In retrospect the much easier option is just to put dropbox on the phone and computer and now it is easy to exchange files or whatever wirelessly.

5. FrizzleZA

FrizzleZA Newbie
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    I definitely agree.
    Although what I would consider is to use one of the FTP server apps on my phone and simply put/fetch the file(s) via FTP... unless of course Dropbox works via the network and not through the internet the whole time.