1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Please Help with Siyah or DarkKnight Kernel. Cant find CF.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coragin, Jan 9, 2012.

1. coragin

coragin Lurker
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    No matter what file I use to try and change my kernel, I keep getting the error in recovery mode about cannot verify signature or something.

I will try and add as much information as possible. although I think all I need is the correct CF file to then change the kernel, which I cant seem to find.

The device is rooted.
    Samsung Galaxy S2-I777
    I have tried to update software as well through the phone and it tells me up to date.
    Superuser access is set to allow.
    I have tried SiyahKernel 2.6.6
    I have tried Dark Knight Kernel 2.5.2
    I followed one of the two rooting guides here where you run a bat file via usb. DoomLord+Busybox v3.
    Android Version 2.3.4
    Baseband Version I777UCKH7
    Kernel Version 2.6.35.7
    Build Number GINGERBREAD.UCKH7

I am following this guide on inspired geek for CF files, but not finding mine, which would seem is KH7 UCK if it is explaining it correctly.

And I am following multiple guides on doing this to try and find not only the CF version for my phone and or what I am doing wrong. I am hoping one of you uber smart guys can help me out, because I just cant figure it out.

On a side note, I never updated this phone when I received it a few days after Christmas, went straight to rooting. Also, I may be wrong but isint this phone supposed to be on ICS? Because it is on Gingerbread. IDK.

I am a total noob when it comes to AndroidOS. I rooted my AcerIconia A500 Tab. And the main reason I want a new kernel is for more control over my phone in a dead zone where I live and on the current kernel I cannot change my boot animation from the stock AT&T.

Thank you for any help you can provide, long time reader, first time poster. And if this is the completely wrong section I apologize.

Advertisement