• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help with storage issue

JoeRogan

Lurker
Jun 20, 2013
Recently, I have been having problems with my Exhibit 2 4G. I had 1.07/1.07 GB of System Storage space filled. Keep in mind that I only have a few apps. I checked to see what was taking the space up and "Media Storage" appeared in apps. Media Storage is currently taking up 874 MB of System Storage space. If I clear the data on Media Storage, what will be gone permanently and what will be gone forever? (Messages, Ringtones, Music?)

Please help me with this problem.

This is referring to "app data", this is what the applications on your phone are using to store your preferences i.e a level of angry birds, email passwords, etc. if you clear it you will have to reload all of the apps data again anyways.

most of the time pictures, media , etc would be stored on the external sd card (unless you dont have one, which is my problem with my htc one m7)

You can move some of the apps to the external sd card and try and free up some that of space, thats what id do.

Note: Do not move: live wallpaper, widget apps, apps that use the notification bar, or apps that synchronize online. Some apps may not work correctly from SD card. Move unstable apps back to internal memory or upgrade to a new SD card (class 6 or above).

source: tmobile support pages.

Upvote 0
This is referring to "app data", this is what the applications on your phone are using to store your preferences i.e a level of angry birds, email passwords, etc. if you clear it you will have to reload all of the apps data again anyways.

most of the time pictures, media , etc would be stored on the external sd card (unless you dont have one, which is my problem with my htc one m7)

You can move some of the apps to the external sd card and try and free up some that of space, thats what id do.

Note: Do not move: live wallpaper, widget apps, apps that use the notification bar, or apps that synchronize online. Some apps may not work correctly from SD card. Move unstable apps back to internal memory or upgrade to a new SD card (class 6 or above).

source: tmobile support pages.
I am asking about Media Storage. Will I lose my messages, music, etc. if I delete it?

I also tried moving the apps, like I said, I don't have many apps. It didn't work out well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones