1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Please help with whatapp and text pictures

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rcyphermd, Dec 25, 2014.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Oct 14, 2009
    I have a samsung s5. Unfortunately, whatapp pictures and videos go to the internal memory. Astro file manager is not able to move them to the Sd card. So the internal memory fills up very quickly. I then have to manually move them to my desktop, The videos are too big to send by text, How do others do this? Is there an app that works better? Or is there an app that will move photos and videos from the internal memory to the SD card? Thanks for your advice!

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Presumably your S5 has 4.4 Kitkat on it. Sounds like a problem with Astro that's it's unable to move photos to the SD, could be it's not been updated for Kitkat and the changes made for SD storage. I've never used Astro, so can't comment any more on that. Try ES Explorer instead, that's what I use, and has no problems at all copying things to and from the SD. No PC required.

There isn't a setting in Whatsapp for where downloaded photos and pictures go is there? I don't use Whatsapp myself, so I wouldn't know.

3. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Oct 14, 2009
    Thank you. I tried es Explorer and it had the same problem. It cannot write on the SD card. Whatsapp does not give an option to use the external SD card. Thanks for trying!