1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please Help, Worried about Motherboard Failure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Emma Metos, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Emma Metos

Emma Metos Lurker

Okay so, let me preface this by saying that a year ago my LGG3 experienced a motherbard failure and the things leading up to it were frequent unmounting of the sim card or inability to read the sim card, app crashing, specifically Tumblr and Sbapchat, and finally an inability to connect to Wi-Fi which lead to a bootloop death spiral.
    Here I am a year later with another LGG3 and I am experiencing similar issues. Tumblr and Snapchat crash often, sometimes I can spend no more than a few seconds before the apps crash, Bluetooth connectivity is poor at best and nonexistent at worst, sd card is mounted and unmounted every few minutes until the card is corrupted and I cannot save anything on the card before the corrupted stage. I've done a factory reset, formatted the card in my computer, my computer reads the sd card just fine, cleaned the phone, battery, sd card and sim card, and I have pulled the sd card, battery, and sim card and let it sit over night. There is no damage to the phone, I keep it in a shock proof case.
    It is eerily similar to the failure I had experienced a year ago and had to have the phone replaced. Is it time to replace it or is there anything I can do to fix it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Did you drop it in water or use it in the rain?

3. Emma Metos

Emma Metos Lurker

NoI, I have not. I've been very careful with it.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Hmm....
    Try a "Factory reset".

5. Emma Metos

Emma Metos Lurker

I tried this morning and the problem was fixed only for a bout 20 minutes.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews