1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amarok88, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Amarok88

Amarok88 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    Hey guys. I am looking at buying a new phone and looking at samsung note 4 and wanted to know if this phone is still at top of market like when was released. I know the note 5 is better a little bit in most areas but cant replace battery and can not use SD card.

What phone if not these 2 would you recomend please?
    Shaun
    (im from UK if that seems to matter haha)

Advertisement

2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Wirral, Merseyside, England
    Hi, I have the Note 4, if I was replacing it the only one I would consider has to have an external SD card and most importantly a removable battery, with this in mind the only one I can see fitting the bill is the new LG G5, I am seriously thinking of moving to one. Phil

AZgl1500 likes this.
  3. Amarok88

Amarok88 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    Thank you phil. Is there a reason you would like to move from note 4 to LG?
    Im not great with technology most of the time but i made mistake and went from s4 mini to iphone 5 (worse thing i ever did). Now i want a phone were i can read books on instead of carrying tablet around. Ill play a few games and watch films on too.

4. h60mloggie

h60mloggie Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2015
    Wait for the Note 6

The_Chief likes this.
  5. Amarok88

Amarok88 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    yeah i was only just made aware of this to be honest. Looking at the specs but feel like they are just pushing the sale hard and may not be as good. I may just get a second hand note 4 and then get a new note 6 when that comes out if it is good.

6. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Hi Amorak, I went for the Note for because I was doing more internet usage and the slightly larger screen was a help, I am waiting for the specs for the Note 6 to come out before moving anywhere, if the Note 6 continues the present Samsung trend of not have a replaceable battery then I am off to LG, the LG screen is not that much smaller. The main reasons I will not buy a phone without a removable battery are that over the years I have had batteries fail within 12 months, and being able to easily pop a new battery in is a blessing, another reason is I have had to do a battery pull to rescue a phone on a number of occasions, and lastly I find carrying a nice slim replacement battery round in my pocket is better than one of those bulky battery boost thingys. Phil

7. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I am a me too here: AND I bought my Note 4 second hand off of Swappa.com and it came with Gorilla Glass and the heavy military grade ballistic cover, just like I wanted to do anyway.

all for the price of about $300 bux a year ago... not too bad for a Top of the line phone.

My Note 4 is still a "Top of the Line Flagship" phone... it is no slouch in any category.
    I will never replace it unless the above are available.

Add to the fact, that it thinks it is a mini tablet and can make notes with the press of your finger using cursive writing????? yes, even without using the special pen that comes with it.

#7 AZgl1500, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    KOLIO likes this.
  8. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Three hundred dollars, that's about £200 in proper money:), not a bad price at all, if I do move to LG I will be putting mine on eBay. Phil

9. Amarok88

Amarok88 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    yeah i can see the extra battery being a big thing for you phill. If i wasnt desperate for a phone now i would wait and get note 6 but i travel alot and my battery dies all the time but just had to deal with it. I have heard that they will have a replacement battery as so many people have been asking for it since the note 5 was released.
    If the memory gets sorted so can have SD card and replacement battery and with updates the 6 will be a absolute beast. Just wish would come out sooner haha.

200 pounds for a note 4 is very good. im just counting down days till my cheque clears so i can get mine haha.

KOLIO likes this.
  10. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Good choice.
    I missed the Removable Battery & I-R Blaster when I "upgraded" to the Note 5,

Good to see ya 'round here,I moved back into the Note4 today,fortunately was able to unload the Note 5 on trade-in.
    Even if I do get future iterations of the Note series,I'm not "trading-up" again,biggest phone hopping mistake I've made by far was moving away from the Note4 in the 1st place.

It's good to be back............... :thumbsupdroid:

Amarok88 and AZgl1500 like this.
  11. Amarok88

Amarok88 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    ive decided after a lot of time and thinking i will be getting a note 4 and will most probably be first thing in morning as i cant wait to get my hands on it haha

12. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the Note 4. I too will look at the Note 6 carefully as I also have/need a spare battery and charger for the Note 4, so the Note 6 will have to at least have a removable battery for me to consider it.

13. Amarok88

Amarok88 Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2016
    Male
    From what ive read about the note 6 it will have replaceable battery and SD card slot as its main things people are asking for. But i wont believe most things till i see them.

Any tips for accessories to buy for note 4? I will buy spare battery but im unsure to go for zerlemon beast battery even though it makes phone look even bigger again

14. JimmieCD

JimmieCD Newbie
    None

Jul 15, 2015
    I bought a new Note 4 and about a year later I bought my wife a Nexus 5X. IMHO the Nexus is not half the phone of the Note 4. For example the default Dialer of the Samsung has built in call-blocking, not so the Nexus. With the Note 4 assigning a Contact to a Group is trivial but with the Nexus much more difficult. To me, the default apps of the Note 4 seems to be better organized and more user friendly compared to the Nexus 5X. I use the Stylus daily and can't imagine ever going back to a non-stylus phone.

AZgl1500 and KOLIO like this.
  15. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I will echo that thought, as my daughter has the HTC One M9 and it is a F'd up mess when it comes to the menus and trying to do anything with it...

My Samsung S5 and my Note 4 both are easy to use, the menus are logical, and all the above comments are true. I am keeping my S5 in my travel bag as an emergency backup for the horrible ( don't come please ) rainy day that someone steals my Note 4.... at least I will have a backup and can get back into the 'real world' in a matter of minutes..... both are configured identical.

16. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    I bought the Samsung LED case, S View case and Protective case, they are all good cases but I only tend to use the Protective case for work.
    Even with all these cases. I use a shocksock (only a few £ on ebay) which will dampen any drop, which I have done many times and still no scratches.

I also bought the Samsung extra battery with charger, which is a godsend, charging the one battery when I'm using the other, enjoy the phone!

17. javamann

javamann Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    USA:Poconos & Florida
    I have one of the first N4s. I have NO accessories excepting a screen saver (about $11.00). No problems and I've accidentally dropped the phone several times. So far no problems!

JM

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.