• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please Help

Cooldawoody

Lurker
Nov 20, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I need some help please. People with experience and knowledge of the Android OS & it's different versions and how different Apps interact with these on Samsung devices will know about the problem I am facing.
There are 2 Apps that won't work for me. Let me give you some background information. I live in Canada and my mobile service provider is Freedom. I've always used Samsung devices for the longest time ever without any problems. Fast forward to around 2018 when I upgraded my phone and thus the latest Android version that came with the phone. At this point the 2 Apps in question stopped working and I've tried every resource I know of, to fix it, without success. These 2 Apps are:
(1) Android-Sync
This is a paid app that I bought so that I can sync my native built-in Samsung apps like Contacts, Calender, Memo, and Task (To Do) with Microsoft Outlook 2010 that I have on my laptop. Whatever I did on laptop, as I entered my appointments etc. into Outlook was always kept in sync with the entries on the phone and vice versa. I would make an entry into the contacts on my phone and it would sync with the contacts in my Outlook. With the newer version of Android, this stopped working and as mentioned above, I have tried everything but have not been able to get it going on the current device. I tried emailing the software company too (they have a website and all), but didn't get a response back. Any ideas on how I can achieve this will be a life saver as i am not able to function properly without having this feature in place.
(2) Call Recording
I do a lot of work where it's important for me to have a record of the conversations I have on the phone. Before the new Android version upgrade, I used Cube ACR and it worked fine (recorded all incoming and outgoing calls that were made in my phone) but, again, as with the Android-Sync App, call recording will simply not work any more. I have tried so many different third party apps that are available for call recording, without any luck.
I am now again at a point where I need to upgrade my device but before I did that, I thought I reach out to the on-line community of experienced people who might be able to shed some light and help me. Can anyone please guide me overcome this problem that I have with these 2 Apps not working for me which are so essential for the kind of work I do. Any help with be greatly appreciated and I sincerely thank you for your time.
Warmest Regards,
David

Currently, I have the Samsung Galaxy A50 running Android 11.
I was looking at buying the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
Thank you so much for trying to help.

The call recording app no longer works if on Android 11 and above.

I cannot find the other syncing app you mentioned. It may have been outdated and no longer supported so that's probably why it does not work. I've never heard of it. I used to use ActiveSync but I no longer need to do any of that.

Upvote 0
Currently, I have the Samsung Galaxy A50 running Android 11.
I was looking at buying the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
Thank you so much for trying to help.
not familiar with android sync......do you have microsoft office? all my stuff in office snycs quite well on my z fold 3 with no isues.....otherwise you will have to wait for the developers of android sync to update their app.

and yeah from what i know of call recording, it will depend on what your local and country laws are for that which why a lot of people with newer phones are having issues with the current call recording apps that are out there. i'm afraid that you might be out of luck with that.

Reactions: Cooldawoody
Upvote 0
Thank you for your replies.
Here is the website for Android-Sync that I had:
https://www.android-sync.com/
I do have Microsoft Office but it's the 2010 version. I can of course upgrade to which ever version that is required like 360 for instance. How would I sync that with the native apps on my though?
For the call recording, is there any other option? For example, like I mentioned in my post, I am looking to get the Samsung Galaxy note 20 Ultra, but someone advised me not to get it from my cell provider as the call recording will not work, which is what you are saying because apparently in Canada there is a legal issue. It was suggested that I get the international version of the same phone, in which case the call recording might work. What are your thoughts on that? Once again, thank you so much for the time and your help.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
yeah i have office 360, so it works on my computer, android phone and tablet. it syncs across on all devices. i can literally hop on my pc and type up a word document, save it, and then as long as my phone has synced, i can then read or work on it on my phone or tablet.

not sure on office 2010...my guess is that microsoft wants you to get 360, since it is subscription based. and is why 2010 does not have this feature.

so you can either upgrade to 360 or wait until the devs for android sync to update their app.

Upvote 0
For call recording, you may need to use a VOIP app like Dingtone.

https://en.uptodown.com/android/search

Yes, I realise that this is more inconvenient than what you had- but it will work.

The laws of your area have no use against what you do with any service or item that you posess.
This is entirely on you as to the legalities of recording.
(Your vehicle can exceed the speed limit, but the vehicle manufacturer is not responsible for your actions with their product.)

As for the sync issue, I could only help you manually transfer files quickly and wirelessly.

https://nitroshare.net/

Upvote 0
1) I use Outlook and OneNote, and those all sync to the Outlook and OneNote apps on my phone no problems, including calendars. Have you got Outlook installed on the phone and is it signed into your account?

2) Can't really help with call recording apps, because the phones I use have call recording as a standard feature, including my Huawei Mate10 and Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra.

Upvote 0
Here is the website for Android-Sync that I had:
https://www.android-sync.com/

According to their 'Features' page on their site, they apparently stopped supporting this app at Marshmallow (Android 6):

Android 2.1 – Eclair
Android 2.2 – Froyo
Android 2.3.x – Gingerbread
Android 3.0 – Honeycomb
Android 3.1 – Honeycomb
Android 3.2 – Honeycomb
Android 4.0 – Ice Cream Sandwich
Android 4.1 – Jelly Bean
Android 4.2 – Jelly Bean
Android 4.3 – Jelly Bean
Android 4.4 – Kit-Kat
Android 5.0 – Lollipop
Android 5.1 – Lollipop
Android 6.0 – Marshmallow

That's pretty dated so even if it was still functional, given that the base file system is continuously altered with every OS version release, running an out-of-date, unsupported utility to do something like actual file syncing would likely be a matter of either lost data going one direction or the other, or worse, data corruption/loss in the target storage media. When you intentionally opt to not install apps through Google's Play Store, it's more vital for you to make sure those third-party apps you are side-loading are being supported with active development. Not saying that Google does a good job at curating the apps it does host via the Play Store but it's still better than nothing. When you do opt to side-load apps instead, all responsibility for not installing crappy and/or malicious apps is your own so it's important to be even more selective and vigilant.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you haven't got it, suggest you install Outlook on your phone, which is from Microsoft, This is what I use. And it syncs and shows all your Outlook calendar, emails, contacts, etc.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook

Rather than still trying to use some third-party app, that's apparently no longer supported.
I'm not a fan of Microsoft products. Is anyone able to plz suggest the name of a non-malicious call record app via Google Play Store???

Upvote 0
T Angel post:
I'm not a fan of Microsoft products. Is anyone able to plz suggest the name of a non-malicious call record app via Google Play Store???

Personally, I consider Google Play Store to be a malicious app.

If I were to record phone calls, I would use a VoIP app like Dingtone to do so.

That is because Google has depricated the ability of Android to record phone calls, and so far has been unwilling to change that.

If I were to use a call recording app to record a normal cellular call, I would use an open source app to do so.
Because of Google policies, apps like this may or may not work.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.callrecorder/

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones