• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please HELP!

gripweed

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2010
I've had nothing but trouble with my incredible....

I thought I had it all worked out, was at work today and turned my wifi on with the phone and it crashed right away. Something I expected and now confirmed.

So I had to walk down the road to get out of our signal range, turn the phone back on, turn the wifi off, then I could go back into the building without my phone rebooting constantly.

So first question...

1) How do I kill that work wifi setup? It said it saved the log in. Sometimes I forget to turn the wifi off and I don't want to have it on leaving home then get to work and mess my phone up because it connects to that network.

BIGGER PROBLEM

I don't know if it's the OS or what, but everything keeps crashing. I downloaded an alarm that had great reviews. I open it to play with it and my phone immediately reboots. It comes back up, all my widgets are messed up and now half my apps when I open them say "The application (whichever app it is) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
It also reset all my other apps that still manage to open, like facebook for example. Now I have to relog into everything and go redo all my settings.

Is there a quick fix to refresh this thing so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall all my apps?

I can't take this much longer. Every other day I'm reformatting the phone....

I've had nothing but trouble with my incredible....

I thought I had it all worked out, was at work today and turned my wifi on with the phone and it crashed right away. Something I expected and now confirmed.

So I had to walk down the road to get out of our signal range, turn the phone back on, turn the wifi off, then I could go back into the building without my phone rebooting constantly.

So first question...

1) How do I kill that work wifi setup? It said it saved the log in. Sometimes I forget to turn the wifi off and I don't want to have it on leaving home then get to work and mess my phone up because it connects to that network.

BIGGER PROBLEM

I don't know if it's the OS or what, but everything keeps crashing. I downloaded an alarm that had great reviews. I open it to play with it and my phone immediately reboots. It comes back up, all my widgets are messed up and now half my apps when I open them say "The application (whichever app it is) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
It also reset all my other apps that still manage to open, like facebook for example. Now I have to relog into everything and go redo all my settings.

Is there a quick fix to refresh this thing so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall all my apps?

I can't take this much longer. Every other day I'm reformatting the phone....

First off, sorry you're having problems, it can be frustratiing at times until you figure our what's causing the trouble.

Try turning off the WiFi security in the router and then see if you can connect without crashing, if you can, we'll know it's a permissions issue and try to deal with it.

As for the alarm app, if it starts automatically when your phone is turned on, something else that is also starting may be interfering with it and causing it to crash. Unfortunately, you have to do a process of elimination, turning off or uninstalling apps until it no longer happens, then you'll find the culprit.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
If I go to download anything it just reboots.

It's going back...I'll try another incredible if they give me a new one (I got mine first day out) or I'll go to an X. I'm sick of this. $200 for a phone and $170 a month to reboot every other day if I try to use it as an actual droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones