• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BTK-appl3killa

Feb 2, 2011
Texas
hey guys and thanks for reading, i have a problem with my battery dying out so fast, I'm new to rooting and flashing roms so please bare with me lol, anyways i rooted my phone and installed the cyanogenmod 6.1 rom on my htc hero and noticed that my battery life was horrible compared to what it was before so i read a few forums and heard about collins battery tweak so i thought i'd give it a try and installed it on my phone and ran the settings but still havent noticed any difference, am i doing something wrong or can anyone tell me what settings they have they're phone on and how much battery life they get from it, would greatly appreciate some feedback and thanks in advance

The first time you switch to a new ROM, you are more than likely to experience lackluster battery life for the first few days. That is because the battery statistics get wiped when you are wiping everything prior to flashing a new ROM.

The best thing to do is to calibrate your battery after flashing a new ROM as described here: Calibrate Battery thread - This is how you do it! - xda-developers .

Upvote 0
The first time you switch to a new ROM, you are more than likely to experience lackluster battery life for the first few days. That is because the battery statistics get wiped when you are wiping everything prior to flashing a new ROM.

The best thing to do is to calibrate your battery after flashing a new ROM as described here: Calibrate Battery thread - This is how you do it! - xda-developers .

i will give this a try and hope for the best, thanks for the help i appreciate it

Upvote 0
+1 on AOSP.9.9.2 - GREAT battery Life.
Usually takes a full battery Cycle for the ROM to "settle in"
After that you batt life will improve...GREATLY

Yess, I've noticed this as well. I think Don referred to it as a 'burn in".

GB is awesome, but give AOSP a try for a couple more days before you switch. :)
Also download Launcher Pro from the market, it allows you to change alot of the layout. Hit the menu button and click on Preferences, play around in there for a while.;)

Upvote 0
yess, i've noticed this as well. I think don referred to it as a 'burn in".

Gb is awesome, but give aosp a try for a couple more days before you switch. :)
also download launcher pro from the market, it allows you to change alot of the layout. Hit the menu button and click on preferences, play around in there for a while.;)

zeam zeam zeam!!!! :d

Upvote 0
well ive heard from several people that its stable but i also keep reading about minor bugs still going on so i rather just wait......i've had the cyanogenmod 6.1 on my hero for about two weeks now but haven't given aosp 2.2 a try yet, i think im just gonna wait it out till GB gets officially released as stable

Upvote 0
I had waited also, but have finally flashed the latest release and I can tell you this is as pretty much stable as it gets, most everything works great on it and no issues, nice UI and works pretty flawless at the moment. Remember you create a NANDROID, and then flash what you want to play with it, the more you flash the quicker you get at setting your phone screens back up, and now with Google installing your apps for you, or turning that off and using TB to do the same the downtime is very minimal and painless, give GB a shot IMO ;)

well ive heard from several people that its stable but i also keep reading about minor bugs still going on so i rather just wait......i've had the cyanogenmod 6.1 on my hero for about two weeks now but haven't given aosp 2.2 a try yet, i think im just gonna wait it out till GB gets officially released as stable

Upvote 0
I had waited also, but have finally flashed the latest release and I can tell you this is as pretty much stable as it gets, most everything works great on it and no issues, nice UI and works pretty flawless at the moment. Remember you create a NANDROID, and then flash what you want to play with it, the more you flash the quicker you get at setting your phone screens back up, and now with Google installing your apps for you, or turning that off and using TB to do the same the downtime is very minimal and painless, give GB a shot IMO ;)

hey donb, i actually just tried to flash into aosp gb and i keep getting an error when i press flash recovery when in rom manager, am i supposed to boot in recovery first and wipe everything and then come back to RM and flash recovery or am i doing something else wrong?

Upvote 0
No, you flash recovery before being able to flash a RoM and you flash the recovery only once, not each time you flash a RoM

hey donb, i actually just tried to flash into aosp gb and i keep getting an error when i press flash recovery when in rom manager, am i supposed to boot in recovery first and wipe everything and then come back to RM and flash recovery or am i doing something else wrong?

Upvote 0
well after trying everything i thought of i just decided to go to the htc site and download the rom they have on the site and ran it on my phone and im just gonna try and root my phone again and start over and hope for the best, thanks for everyone that tried to help

Ah, you did not need to do that. I wish you had seen my post where I think I answered your question.

Here it is: http://androidforums.com/sprint-her...pcmod-aosp-2-3-gingerbread-4.html#post2237231 .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones