1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashley112305, Feb 6, 2011.

1. ashley112305

ashley112305 Lurker

my droid eris keeps freezing at the same screen.when i turn it on it wont go past the screen with the three little guys skateboarding. i have done a complete factory reset and recovery.. i dunno what to do now

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

To help people out, are you rooted? Did you do the factory reset just prior to this problem? Did you try to flash a new ROM just prior to this problem?

3. ashley112305

ashley112305 Lurker

no the problem started before i did the facetory reset. i dont know how to flash a ROM i am almost completley clueless about this stuff i just tried certian things from reading all the other blogs.

4. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

Are these the steps you followed?

From erisuser1:
    "You might need to perform a factory reset on the phone using the recovery - whether the phone is rooted or unrooted.

If it is unrooted, you do this by:

- charge the phone to 100%
    - cold-start the phone with Send+End (so you are in FASTBOOT mode)
    - use the menu presented to go to HBOOT MODE
    - use the menu presented here to boot into RECOVERY

- when you see the screen with the Android on it (possibly a triangle w/ exclamation point), that is the "stock recovery" splash screen

- press Vol-Up+End

If that does not produce the (stock) recovery menu, press the Home soft-key + End

You should see a menu item that allows you to perform a factory reset."

If you did this and it did not help, I would suggest calling Verizon tech support. They may have a better idea of what to do.

Anyone else have an idea?

5. ashley112305

ashley112305 Lurker

yah i did.. and called verizon.. this website has been more help then they were. Soo. i guess i will just have to get a new phone.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews