• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help.

cherish

Dec 5, 2010
Hi there, I am having trouble rooting my phone for some odd reason. This isnt my first go around on a android. I had a optimus s from sprint I rooted. But now that I switched providers and want to root my droid x it will not let me. I have done the directions and such. But however it pops up in the astro files completely white! and when I click on it it has a bunch of non-sense. Am I missing a file, am I not doing something right, do I have not have something downloaded right?? Please help!!:thinking:

Hi there, I am having trouble rooting my phone for some odd reason. This isnt my first go around on a android. I had a optimus s from sprint I rooted. But now that I switched providers and want to root my droid x it will not let me. I have done the directions and such. But however it pops up in the astro files completely white! and when I click on it it has a bunch of non-sense. Am I missing a file, am I not doing something right, do I have not have something downloaded right?? Please help!!:thinking:

how did you root your phone? if you did not use z4root, I recommend using it.

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

just download the .apk file on your computer, transfer it to your phone's sd card and install it. make sure you press "permanent root" and you should be good to go.

if this doesn't work let me know

Upvote 0
Sorry, you're not telling me anything useful.

I assume this is z4root (had to search your previous posts for that) and hopefully it's the latest version 1.30. I assume you're trying to install it from Astro?

It can easily run for 5 minutes or longer, but if it takes more than 5, just close it, reboot your phone and try again. Also, pulling the battery and inserting while it is running, might help to speed it up as well.

Upvote 0
Sorry, you're not telling me anything useful.

I assume this is z4root (had to search your previous posts for that) and hopefully it's the latest version 1.30. I assume you're trying to install it from Astro?

It can easily run for 5 minutes or longer, but if it takes more than 5, just close it, reboot your phone and try again. Also, pulling the battery and inserting while it is running, might help to speed it up as well.

by the way you can always use stock file viewer app and download any apps

Upvote 0
When I put the Z4root on the SD card, then unplug the phone and then go to astro, and click on where I put the z4root, the files are white.Sometimes it says exe cant be preformed and etc. Does that make sense? Im tryin my best to explain it...But it hard when Im reeallly frustrated.

is your phone set for debugging mode, and ok to install apps from outside? you've got to check your setting on your phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones