1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by enigma_y2k1, Mar 21, 2011.

1. enigma_y2k1

enigma_y2k1 Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Hi All,

Recently bought an Optimus GT540 and this is my first smart phone ever. I have some doubts on how to use the phone. Can someone help me with these please (1) For browsing the net, the user manual says there is something called Browser under Applications. But I don't find any. Can someone tell me how to access the browser? (2) There is 3g up and down arrow at the top of the screen, but I am not able to set up a gmail account. (3) I transferred an application to the phone memory from my laptop, but don't know how to install it in the phone.

Advertisement

2. YouTu_01

YouTu_01 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Trying to help people with tech Stuff
    Mexico
    1. At the dock on the bottom of the screen, the icon in the middle is the APP drawer, touch it to show your apps, and YES there MUST be a browser, there's abslolutely no way the browser it's not there.

2. 3G is on, but you may not have a data plan , so you can't acces the internet via mobile data.Turn WIFI on, by dragging the notification bar down (that's were your clock is).

3. You need a file browser to explore the contents of your SD card (?), and the phones internal memory, go to the Android market and search for a file browser and install w/e you want.

3. enigma_y2k1

enigma_y2k1 Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Thanks for your reply, but I can't find the internet browser. So could you tell me how to do a simple thing like opening a browser like IE or Firefox and typing in a url like google.com in GT540?

4. YouTu_01

None

Feb 19, 2011
    Mexico
    There's no IE or Firefox for this device, there's Firefox for Android, but this phone doesn't support it.The Android browser i's just called, browser, and to search, something, on the right side of the phone you have a search button.

5. enigma_y2k1

enigma_y2k1 Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    I downloaded an application called APNdroid and after download I clicked on it which seemed to have installed it. But after going back and then selecting can't find where it is, any suggestions?

6. DexTyler

DexTyler Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Get Dolphin Mini browser from the Market. It's alot better than the edfault browser. And for finding and managing files on your SD, get OI FIle Manager which is also on the Market.

7. enigma_y2k1

enigma_y2k1 Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    With some effort I downloaded the file browser. But it seems in doing so all my credit of

8. YouTu_01

None

Feb 19, 2011
    Mexico