• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

enigma_y2k1

Lurker
Mar 21, 2011
Hi All,

Recently bought an Optimus GT540 and this is my first smart phone ever. I have some doubts on how to use the phone. Can someone help me with these please (1) For browsing the net, the user manual says there is something called Browser under Applications. But I don't find any. Can someone tell me how to access the browser? (2) There is 3g up and down arrow at the top of the screen, but I am not able to set up a gmail account. (3) I transferred an application to the phone memory from my laptop, but don't know how to install it in the phone.

Hi All,

Recently bought an Optimus GT540 and this is my first smart phone ever. I have some doubts on how to use the phone. Can someone help me with these please (1) For browsing the net, the user manual says there is something called Browser under Applications. But I don't find any. Can someone tell me how to access the browser? (2) There is 3g up and down arrow at the top of the screen, but I am not able to set up a gmail account. (3) I transferred an application to the phone memory from my laptop, but don't know how to install it in the phone.

1. At the dock on the bottom of the screen, the icon in the middle is the APP drawer, touch it to show your apps, and YES there MUST be a browser, there's abslolutely no way the browser it's not there.

2. 3G is on, but you may not have a data plan , so you can't acces the internet via mobile data.Turn WIFI on, by dragging the notification bar down (that's were your clock is).

3. You need a file browser to explore the contents of your SD card (?), and the phones internal memory, go to the Android market and search for a file browser and install w/e you want.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply, but I can't find the internet browser. So could you tell me how to do a simple thing like opening a browser like IE or Firefox and typing in a url like google.com in GT540?

There's no IE or Firefox for this device, there's Firefox for Android, but this phone doesn't support it.The Android browser i's just called, browser, and to search, something, on the right side of the phone you have a search button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones