1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please Help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Androidabuser, May 17, 2011.

1. Androidabuser

Androidabuser Lurker

Hi everyone,
    So I recently bought a motorola droid x from Verizon, I hacked it, fell in love with it... you know the story... but yesterday someone stole it -.-. I was just wondering if by any case any of you knew about a tracking program I could use to find it, any ideas would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance.
    AA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. impala63rag

impala63rag Newbie

Lookout mobile security will locate (tell you where its at), it can lock the phone, make it scream, or wipe all the data on phone.

3. sonofaresiii

sonofaresiii Android Enthusiast

I've never really understood why someone would want to make it scream. The last thing I want is for someone to get pissed off at my phone, throw it in the garbage and have it end up compacted somewhere. As long as it's on and not bugging the thief, I can go find it.

4. impala63rag

impala63rag Newbie

If its lost in the house somewhere, you can find it stuck in the couch.

5. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

Where's my Droid is also awesome. Imo it should be the first app installed. Sorry for your loss though. Hopefully you get it back.

6. mauiblue

mauiblue Android Enthusiast

If you didn't already have an app that would track your phone if it got lost/stolen then you are SOL. Maybe your cell carrier could locate it. Good luck.

BTW, I'm using using Mobile Recovery from Asurion and Where's My Droid app on my Incredible at the moment.

7. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

Not so, Lookout says their "Plan B" app can be installed remotely.

For an app that you install before the phone gets lost, I kind of like SeekDroid - only a buck, no subscription fees, and it has lock/wipe/locate functions with no useless "antivirus" doodads.

Androidabuser and McLabia like this.
  8. Androidabuser

Androidabuser Lurker

Thank you so much everyone for their responses, I installed plan B about 10-15 min ago and im now waiting for an email... Thanks again, I'll keep you guys posted on weather or not it works.

9. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert

Good call on the Lookout portion. Did not know that.

10. Androidabuser

Androidabuser Lurker

Plan B didn't work :(... no email, no nothing.... ah, I think I have just given up hope.

11. impala63rag

impala63rag Newbie

I would keep trying.
    It could be possible that the person is checking your email and deleting the messages that are being sent that show where he is, but how long could he keep that up for?

Maybe they have taken the battery out of the phone, but then again how long before they get curious enough to turn it on and play?

When you do get the email, just have the cops go to their location to retrieve.