1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

please help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by diane118, Jul 14, 2011.

1. diane118

diane118 Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    hi please could some one help, i downloaded APNdroid pro to my Samsung GTI 5700 so i could turn the internet off and on on my phone. At home I would be using my home wireless connection so i turned off virgin mobiles connection which worked great, i wanted to use the internet today when i was out i turned it back on today but it did not connect me to the internet why was this please? and what do i need to do to connect again, i unticked the box on the APNdroid that said disable all APNs. but that did not work thanks Diane

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    From your homescreen press menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks. Make sure Airplane Mode is not checked and make sure WiFi is checked. Then, scroll down and look for Mobile Networks. Click it, and check "Data Enabled." That should restore function to all of the wireless features.

In the future, do not disable your 3G data connection when connecting to WiFi; Android will do this by default, and will automatically reconnect when you lose/disconnect WiFi.

3. diane118

diane118 Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    hi thanks i clicked on mobile networks and it did not come up with data enable it came up with data roaming, access point names, use only 2g networks, or network operators. also why i turn off the 3g was because my phone was connecting to it when i was at home and it was costing me money.

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Hi Diane

Try the Samsung specific forum for you phone (go to main android forum home page and scroll down .. you'll see the lists of phones at the bottom) and post there ... they'll be able to give you specific tips about your phone's individual settings. But when you ago into Access Point Names can you "enable" your service providers APN e.g. Vodafone Live if with vodafone? This is your 3G connection AFAIK

In my Desire HD I don't need an app to do what you want.. once I connect to wireless by ticking the box the Mobile Network tick box automatically changes to "use phone for data connection when wifi is not available". Your's should be something similar.