• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please help!

hi again!
i took it!

on "About Device" is:

Model number
DISCO10

Android Version
2.2-20110803

Kernel version
zjd@dtlinuxserver #36

Build number
FRF85B

what is your oppinion about it?
thanks!

Disco10 is compatible with Tims, S01s & Flanflingers (Funnycomb) firmware, however you may have some problems with funnycomb if the tablet has a particular wifi board (there are 3 different wifi boards) AFAIK Tims firmware has scripts to try all 3 drivers whereas funnycomb doesn't (yet).
You can use one of Tims firmwares as a baseline and experiment from there if you wish. Read up on Tims firmware here
SuperPad2 Flytouch3 Hybrid Tim Rom

Upvote 0
thank you for your answer!
is there any possibility that could not be updated?
the details in "about device" could be wrong (fake) ?
this what i have read here and another forums.... :9
thanks!

It would be possible to edit the text string under model number, but I personally have not heard of this happening on Disco models.

The proof of the actual model build will be in the physical update method.
Try to update the firmware using the two files from one of Tims firmwares on a tf card in the external slot.. if it isn't a Disco or a Disco10 then the upgrade wont work, it will simply not see the upgrade files on the external tf card, and will just boot normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones