• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gulfdiver

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
I have been getting notifications on my phone from china mart/ wall mart, online dating websites, win a free xbox 360. When I click on the text thing it takes me to the website. How do I stop this?
I have called Verizon and complained and I registered on the do not call list.

On the Casio G

I have been getting notifications on my phone from china mart/ wall mart, online dating websites, win a free xbox 360. When I click on the text thing it takes me to the website. How do I stop this?
I have called Verizon and complained and I registered on the do not call list.

On the Casio G’zOne Commando after surfing the internet if I hit the home key does it still use megs or not?

Sorry about the stupid questions this is my first smart phone lol

Thanks

If it's a txt message, respond with "stop"
If it's anything else, the easiest way to get rid of them, is to root your phone (give yourself administrator privileges) and then install adfree, it work the same way adblock plus does...

Upvote 0
Weird, the only unwanted texts I get are from Verizon. Can't the numbers also be blocked tho? Besides texting back "stop". I know I have certain phone numbers blocked and that works well. If they are emails just mark as spam and send them to spam file.
If you have given out your phone number to any "free stuff" sites like a ringtone site or something then stop that practice immediately. Never, Never give out your phone number to any site on the web. It will end up all over cyber space. Not sayin' you did that , just sayin' don't ever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones