1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SinZ Disciple, Jan 2, 2012.

1. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    Can someone please help me with this huge problem??? 3 days ago my phone wouldnt charge, something i had noticed after the system update became available, until i turned it off and back on. so i turned it off but then it wouldnt turn back on, i took the battery out for around one minute then put it back in and it came on, but it still wouldnt charge, so i decided to put it on a different charger, after messing with the connection it started charging, the next morning it said i had 100 battery, but i didnt need my phone right now and i didnt need to waste my battery so i turned it off, 4hours later i turned it on after a short time that it wouldnt come on, and it said i only had 35 battery, so i turned it off because i didnt need it until later, and i just wanted to check my messages, 5hours later when i tryed to turn it on it wouldnt come on, and so i figured once i got home id charge it and it should work, but now it wont charge, or turn on, i held down all of the side buttons on it and it came up with a message in yellow that said "Downloading.." then dissappeared after a few seconds. I have no idea what to do to fix it, but i would love some help, im having to use my old Samsung Seek and this phone cant compare to my prevail at all. also my phone is on ShabbyMod. thanks for any help anyone can give me. :D

Advertisement

2. mhrf90

mhrf90 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 30, 2011
    Did you install an app from outside the Market? Sometimes installing apps not suitable for a specific version of Android breaks it. If you don't mind losing all your apps, and maybe contacts if you haven't synced them, then do a factory reset. To do so hold volume up and power at the same time until you get to the recovery menu. In the menu you navigate with the volume buttons and the camera button fuctions as an enter key. I'm not sure if there's the option to erase battery cache (or something like that) in the original recovery menu (I'm rooted and my recovery is CWM, not the one that originally comes with it) This is the best I can do for you! If you don't want to lose your apps I suggest you wait to get more answers, probably someone will know exactly whats worong.

3. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    i cant open the menu because the phone wont power on at all.

4. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    Male
    Electrician
    Florida
    Have you tried to replace the battery with someone with the same phone and see if that is the issue? Sometimes the battery is faulty and burns up. Usually from a powered off phone with the battery charged at least some it will give you the chance to go to a recovery menu, unless you bricked your phone (from what I understand). But since it doesn't sound bricked, I suggest another battery. I hope you find your answer soon. ;)

SinZ Disciple likes this.
  5. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    thank you, i was thinking it was the battery also but i dont know anyone who has the same phone, i may just order a new one online.

6. Alsaces Daddy

Alsaces Daddy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    Male
    Electrician
    Florida
    Cheaper than a new phone.

7. mhrf90

mhrf90 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 30, 2011
    Wait, man... Don't go wasting money! We're not sure if it's the battery. When I first got my phone and played around with it I went through a similar situation and ALMOST sent my phone to Samsung! So let's see...

If you got to the downloading screen then the battery is not dead and there's another way to fix it even if recovery won't boot up. Though it seems weird you can get to the downloading screen but not recovery... Try to get to downloading mode by pressing volume down+camera+power all at once. If you can get there, you should be able to get to the recovery. Volume up+power and you press Volume first, then power. If you can only get to downloadign mode, you are going to have to use Odin, a program to restore the phone to its original state when everything else fails. Follow the steps in the post, it's really simple! You want to get EJ06 (Gingerbread), rooted or not, up to you.

If you succeed (Odin will let you know) and you still can't turn the phone on, then I'm out of ideas and I'd suggest you send it to Samsung if you're still covered by warranty.

8. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    thanks dude! ill deff try it out, to bring up the downloading message does it need to be connected to a charger, because it wont say downloading without it charging

9. Kcsuper

Kcsuper Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    CT
    Ya it still needs to have power of some kind.

10. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    also, i depend on a custom ROM are there any for the new gingerbread update?

11. mvaness

mvaness Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Wisconsin
  12. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    okay, thank you, im currently on ShabbyMod 09, can u give me a ROM name that will work on the gingerbread update?

13. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    also, i held down vol down+camera+power and the samsung logo appeared for half a second and downloading came up for a second then i tryed to press vol up+power but nothing happened, is the downloading message supposed to stay up? i tried to hold down vol down, camera, and power to try to put it back into downloading mode but it wouldnt come back up

14. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    also, i held down vol down camera power and the samsung logo appeared for half a second and downloading came up for a second then i tryed to press vol up power but nothing happened, is the downloading message supposed to stay up? i tried to hold down vol down, camera, and power to try to put it back into downloading mode but it wouldnt come back up

15. stingrays

stingrays Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    Medicine
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes the downloading message should stay on. Make sure you have your samsung drivers installed on you pc and Odin, and files ready to go. Have you usb connection ready. If you can get it back into downloading mode plug it in quick and you pc will power the rest. Pull the battery then try putting back into downloading mode. Then follow the instructions. Try the Chin Cheka rom all ready rooted. BTW my prevail did the same thing, i just flashed it started charging again.

16. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    okay, thanks, it doesnt seem to stay in downloading mode, but it wont come up unless it is on the charger, i havnt gotten the chance to connect it to a laptop yet but i should get the chance tommorow, i was originaly attempting just to get the menu from putting it in downloading mode then pressing vol up and power but had no success, i am trying to get this fixed as soon as possible because the samsung seek just cant compare at all to the prevail :/

17. Kcsuper

Kcsuper Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    CT
    lol, i had to use my darn seek when my phone bricked the first time (when I say bricked I mean BRICKED).

18. SinZ Disciple

SinZ Disciple Member
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    :/ It seriously sucks lol. im hoping mine isnt bricked