1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Please Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 509 FreeFall, Nov 17, 2012.

1. 509 FreeFall

509 FreeFall New Member

Nov 17, 2012
    My phone has been freezing while using the internet, especially when I tap the screen to bring up the keyboard to type. I have tried restarting the phone, taking the battery out, and deleting call and text message logs. I'm lost!!!!!

Advertisement

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    Welcome to Android Forums!:)

I don't know this phone too well, but it could be any number of things causing this problem. Perhaps there is a shortage of memory, depending on how much free memory you have available, or maybe you have downloaded a rogue app that is slowing down your phone. Is this phone a new phone, or was it previously owned? Do you have a task killer installed? There are many variables that can cause a problem with freezing.

One of the best ways to fix a problem like this is to do a factory reset.
    Once the phone is reset, just download/install each app, one at a time, and live with that app a couple of days to see if it is the problem before downloading/installing another app. That way, you can tell if it is one of the apps slowing the phone down, and uninstall it.

3. striker325

striker325 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Teacher Assistant
    Los Angeles CA
    Have you tried a factory reset?
    I just started testing the phone and it has not froze on me yet but it did have a app install hiccup (adobe flash player).

damewolf13 likes this.