• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please Help

jpmcewen

Jun 20, 2012
I have an HTC Evo 4g. I rooted (S-off) and was trying to flash the Jelly Bean Omega v1.1 speedy from bilgerryan (XDA) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2078193. Everything seemed to be going well (reformatted SD Card, wiped three times, flashed ROM and A2SD) but on the final Reboot, I'm stuck on the splash screen. Waited over 30 minutes before pulling the battery (which I've done a couple times since) and I can't even get into recovery.

No idea where to go from here...please help. Apologize ahead of time if I shouldn't have put the URL in the comment.

I have an HTC Evo 4g. I rooted (S-off) and was trying to flash the Jelly Bean Omega v1.1 speedy from bilgerryan (XDA) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2078193. Everything seemed to be going well (reformatted SD Card, wiped three times, flashed ROM and A2SD) but on the final Reboot, I'm stuck on the splash screen. Waited over 30 minutes before pulling the battery (which I've done a couple times since) and I can't even get into recovery.

No idea where to go from here...please help. Apologize ahead of time if I shouldn't have put the URL in the comment.
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!

sorry about your predicament....what happens when you try and go to recovery? blank screen? bootloop? an error?

Reactions: jpmcewen
Upvote 0
Thank you for responding. Recovery seems to work fine. I retried the steps and it keeps freezing on the splash page after the last reboot.

Sorry, I just read my last post. At that time, I couldn't get into recovery. Then later I tried HBoot and got into Recovery that way. I didn't update my original post.

Upvote 0
Ok, it appears the problem is much worse. Lost S-off. So I tried starting from the beginning (unlock bootloader). Problem is the phone fails on running fastboot from the command line. SD card isn't mounted and I cannot seem to find good directions on how to get back on the right track. HBoot is 2.10.0001. Doesn't tell me it's locked but also doesn't say it's unlocked. SHIP S-ON, my computer won't install the Qualcomm driver so that I can get to the SD Card, and I'm stuck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate it. I've root and flashed different roms before but I'm definitely not an expert.

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

Upvote 0
Ok, it appears the problem is much worse. Lost S-off. So I tried starting from the beginning (unlock bootloader). Problem is the phone fails on running fastboot from the command line. SD card isn't mounted and I cannot seem to find good directions on how to get back on the right track. HBoot is 2.10.0001. Doesn't tell me it's locked but also doesn't say it's unlocked. SHIP S-ON, my computer won't install the Qualcomm driver so that I can get to the SD Card, and I'm stuck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate it. I've root and flashed different roms before but I'm definitely not an expert.

Again, any help would be appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

Hello jpmcewen!
Sorry about the turn of events here.:(

Let's see what we can do yes? :)
Your bootloader screen says, s-on with hboot 2.10.0001?

What recovery do you have now?
This happened after you tried to partition your sd card?

Reactions: jpmcewen
Upvote 0
Hi Mikestony,

Thank you for the help. Here is the latest. I unrooted the device. It still doesn't recognize the SD Card (which I reformatted on my computer) or my USB. Also, I'm having issues installing the HTC Driver (HTCDriver3.0.0.007).

Thanks,

Well, that's fine and if you want to check this out as far as the sd card/usb port non functioning:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-sup...-card-not-being-seen-root-non-root-users.html

As far as the driver issue, are you downloading htc sync?

Upvote 0
Thank you. I just found that 15 minutes before your post and have fixed the SD Card, USB, and HTC Driver issue. Now I'm going to try to re-root/s-off. I did it a long time ago (using Captain Throwback). Now I see something about Revolutionary. Any thoughts on the using either. I would like to use Amon Ra for recovery.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
One quick question...as far as partitioning is concerned...any recommendations. I have an 8GB SD Card. What I've read is 0 for swap, 1024 for ext2, the remainder to fat and then upgrade ext2 to ext3. Thoughts? Also, should I upgrade ext3 to ext4?

Thank you for your help again. I really appreciate it. This weekend was the worst but is ending on a good note.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
One quick question...as far as partitioning is concerned...any recommendations. I have an 8GB SD Card. What I've read is 0 for swap, 1024 for ext2, the remainder to fat and then upgrade ext2 to ext3. Thoughts? Also, should I upgrade ext3 to ext4?

Thank you for your help again. I really appreciate it. This weekend was the worst but is ending on a good note.

i would set swap to 32 and and set either 1 to 2g for ext 3.

the info is here in the second post:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones