• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help!!

LILIANMAUD

Lurker
Jan 22, 2014
Hi, I bought my Grandson a Samsung tab2 fron a friend a few weeks ago. Although not nre has hardly been used.
Since the Samsung update (which has also caused problems on my S3 phone) its virtually useless.
I can't download anything from Playstore as I get various messages eg. Package file not signed correctly, Package data invalid, Package file has bad manifest, and the latest is unable to download to specified path. Also some of his games disappeared to be replaced by a grey icon with a small sd in the left in the lower right hand corner, these no longer work nor can I reload them.
I have poured over various forums and it would seem that a number of people are having problems. Trouble is I dont understand most of the suggestions.
The suggestions I did understand included uninstalling the app. (I tried subway surfers and then couldn't reload it, which lead to a little boy in tears). Uninstalling Goole Playstore updates, and disabling the email address linked to it.

PLEASE, can anyone explain to me in very simple terms what I can do? I'm at the end of my tether with it and have a very upset little boy.
Thank you

I think the best thing to do is a factory reset! Go in to settings, scroll down to backup and reset, then select factory data reset. THIS WILL WIPE ALL DATA on the tab 2 and reset back to factory settings when your tab 2 reboots you should be able to download all apps and up dates from the app store once you have put in your username and password. Let me know how you get on.

Upvote 0
I think the best thing to do is a factory reset! Go in to settings, scroll down to backup and reset, then select factory data reset. THIS WILL WIPE ALL DATA on the tab 2 and reset back to factory settings when your tab 2 reboots you should be able to download all apps and up dates from the app store once you have put in your username and password. Let me know how you get on.

I agree, just do a factory reset amd be done with it.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much. I was hoping to avoid that as presumably he will lose all the progress on his games but if thats the only way I'll do it.
Does anyone know whether Samsung are doing anything to fix this? As lots of people seem to have been affected since the update
Last night I switched my phone off (Galaxy S3) and low and behold this morning subway surfers had disappeared to be replaced by the small grey icon with the sd in the corner. I dont usually switch my phone off so it the apps haven't been affected, but with my Grandsons tab, even if I manage to download something as soon as its switched off its gone.
Very annoyed with Samsung, cant find anything that says if they are going to fix it.
Thanks again

Upvote 0
Unfortunately yes he will lose all progress on his games! But think of it this way..... He will be able to fly through all the levels as he should know them by doing them the first time round! :D

For your s3 try turning the phone off again or do a restart this sometimes brings back the icons on the phone without losing anything it used to happen on my s2 all the time! I also removed the sim card and micro SD card and gave them a gentle clean and blew out any dust from inside my phone then put it all back together and it went back to normal :D I also kept the battery out of the phone for 3mins this let's the phone cool down internally let's all residual power in the memory fade away and also resets the battery monitor doing this used to rejuvenate my phone and it ran like a dream! keep me updated on how you get on please!

Upvote 0
Hi, I bought my Grandson a Samsung tab2 fron a friend a few weeks ago. Although not nre has hardly been used.
Since the Samsung update (which has also caused problems on my S3 phone) its virtually useless.
I can't download anything from Playstore as I get various messages eg. Package file not signed correctly, Package data invalid, Package file has bad manifest, and the latest is unable to download to specified path. Also some of his games disappeared to be replaced by a grey icon with a small sd in the left in the lower right hand corner, these no longer work nor can I reload them.
I have poured over various forums and it would seem that a number of people are having problems. Trouble is I dont understand most of the suggestions.
The suggestions I did understand included uninstalling the app. (I tried subway surfers and then couldn't reload it, which lead to a little boy in tears). Uninstalling Goole Playstore updates, and disabling the email address linked to it.

PLEASE, can anyone explain to me in very simple terms what I can do? I'm at the end of my tether with it and have a very upset little boy.
Thank you

I have same issue. I have a x-bo v5 mobile phone. I did a factory reset and a hard reset. But these procedure didn't fix the issue. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones