• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help

Mercabeth

Lurker
Feb 14, 2014
Hi guys,

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Trend G3 recently. This is my first time using an android phone, so I have no idea how to use it. I asked my friends, and they told me to install apps using the Google Play Store. But I can't seem to find this store on my phone, neither can I download it. I'm just really confused as to how I install new apps and everything. For instance, I wanna install Snapchat. I tried just searching that on google, and then downloading it off the internet but it says I need to use the app. So I guess my question is, how can I install the google play store? And if I can't install it, how else can I install new apps? Thank you guys so much, please reply soon.

Welcome to the forum :)
In your phones home screen (desktop), at the bottom, is there square icon made out of 9 dots?
If so, tap that to open the "app drawer" (a grid containing all your apps)
Scroll that up/down or left/right and there should be an app there called Play
What country are you in?

Upvote 0
I live in Canada, but my aunt got me the phone in China. When I first got it, there was no play store or app market. I tried to see if I could download google play store online, and it worked. But when I tried using the app, it never loaded because china blocked the play store. I am in Canada now, and I tried loading the app again, but it didn't work. I deleted the app completely but I can't find the website where I downloaded the store. And yes, there is a square icon with nine dots. After I clicked on it, I scrolled through the pages but I couldn't find the play store, or any sort of app market. Please help me! I really don't know what to do. Thank you so much :)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Yeah, that might work! No, when I installed google play for the first time, it didn't work. So I deleted it, and I recently figured out how to reinstall it. But now i don't know why it crashes everytime. I mean, it should be fine since i'm in Canada now. I also installed the google play systems app, which apparently was necessary for the store to work. But my phone keeps telling me "Unfortunately, google play systems has stopped."

Thanks for your help, sorry I'm wasting your time.

Upvote 0
A Samsung phone without Google Play. I guessed it was from China when I read the OP. Just installing the Play app generally doesn't work because there's some vital framework that's not in the PRC versions of Android. That's why it crashes. It's got to be either rooted, the missing framework installed, or the ROM changed completely

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones