1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Please help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Menadena, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Menadena

Menadena Lurker

HI... I HAVE AN ALCATEL ONE TOUCH FIERCE PHONE FROM METRO PCS.... I HAVE HAD THIS PHONE FOR ALMOST A YR NOW AND I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM UNTIL NOW!!! JUST RECENTLY, MY PHONE JUST DID A FACTOR REST BY ITSELF SMH. I WAS SO UPSET BECAUSE I LOST A LOT OF STUFF. NOW, MY PHONE JUST STOPPED READING MY SD CARD!!!! AND I DONT KNOW WHY!!! I HAVE TRIED SHUTTING THE PHONE OFF AND THEN I TURNED IT BACK ON, I TOOK THE SD CARD OUT AND PUT IT BACK IN, I TOOK OUT THE SIM CARD AND THE SD CARD AND SHUT THE PHONE OFF AND I STILL GOT NOTHING. ITS NOT REGISTERING IN MY PHONE NOW. I HAVE A LOT OF PHOTOS, MUSIC, MOVIES AND GAMES ON MY 16GB SD CARD AND NOW IT IS NOT SHOWING UP IN MY PHONE. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!:mad:mad: :( :mad:

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. Can I ask did you put the card into a adapter and load the adapter with the SD card in it into a PC/laptop to load the SD content onto the PC /laptop

funkylogik likes this.
  3. Menadena

Menadena Lurker

no i didnt..... i dont have the adapter

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That's your best bet. The adapters don't cost very much, and if any data are important it's always a good idea to have a backup: phones get lost, SD cards fail, so if you don't back up then sooner or later your data will be lost.

Once the data are backed up we can see whether anyone can work out a way of getting the phone to read the card again, but I'd back up first for safety.

funkylogik, BRAINZ2013 and Menadena like this.
  5. Menadena

Menadena Lurker

i will do that... thank you..... is there any specific reason why my phone wud just stop reading the sd card?

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That's not obvious. There's no reason it should factory reset itself either, so something is a bit screwy, but I don't know exactly what.

funkylogik and BRAINZ2013 like this.
  7. chain5awMime

chain5awMime Lurker

This has just happened to my phone as well.

funkylogik likes this.
  8. rosario1990

rosario1990 Member

Change your SD Card and try another. And see this work or not?

9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

What happened? The phone factory reset itself?

10. chain5awMime

chain5awMime Lurker

Mine didn't factory reset itself. I reset it later myself. But it still doesn't register. Woth my old 16gb or new 32gb card

11. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

If 2 cards don't register and you've already factory reset, that points to a hardware issue meaning you'll need to contact your manufacturer unfortunately.

Slug, funkylogik and codesplice like this.