• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please include NFC in Evo 3D

you can have a credit card on file with them, just like you do with Google Accounts, so when you buy something, you don't need to enter any credit card info. Pretty standard practice these days, which is why I'm pissed they didn't encrypt CC info.

According to the email I got from Sony, card number and expiration were stolen, along with my user/pass, and my name, address, phone number.

Upvote 0
Ah, yes, I got an email like that too. I just never gave them a credit card since I don't purchase PSN content. I suppose that was a pretty good decision, in hindsight. I wasn't aware they even did anything with credit cards. I figured it was all "points" like the other gaming consoles.

Either way, if you know the credit card that was compromised, can't you just ask for a new one?

Upvote 0
Ah, yes, I got an email like that too. I just never gave them a credit card since I don't purchase PSN content. I suppose that was a pretty good decision, in hindsight. I wasn't aware they even did anything with credit cards. I figured it was all "points" like the other gaming consoles.

Either way, if you know the credit card that was compromised, can't you just ask for a new one?

yeah, definitely. It's not the end of the world. There's no evidence anyone has used MY info. But just a pain in the ass that I have to deal with it. anyway, way off topic so I'll shut up about this now :)

Upvote 0
Putting aside the NFC/SD card possibility, I feel like there is right around zero chance that the E3D will have NFC. Just came out today that HTC will be releasing a phone that's positioned "slightly above the Sensation" in Q3 that will be NFC enabled. While I suppose that could be the E3D, I would highly doubt it.

Not definitive, but not holding out hope at all for it anymore.

HTC Reportedly Bringing a Slightly Better Version of Sensation with NFC

Upvote 0
Putting aside the NFC/SD card possibility, I feel like there is right around zero chance that the E3D will have NFC. Just came out today that HTC will be releasing a phone that's positioned "slightly above the Sensation" in Q3 that will be NFC enabled. While I suppose that could be the E3D, I would highly doubt it.

Not definitive, but not holding out hope at all for it anymore.

HTC Reportedly Bringing a Slightly Better Version of Sensation with NFC

why zero chance? I read the linked article as well as the original source. Nothing precludes the Evo 3D as being the phone they refer to.

"slightly above?" check.
same 4.3" screen? check.
q3 release (2nd half of 2011)? check.

Sounds like a pretty good chance it's the Evo 3D to me.

Reactions: lordofthereef
Upvote 0
why zero chance? I read the linked article as well as the original source. Nothing precludes the Evo 3D as being the phone they refer to.

"slightly above?" check.
same 4.3" screen? check.
q3 release (2nd half of 2011)? check.

Sounds like a pretty good chance it's the Evo 3D to me.

You're right, it doesn't entirely rule out rule out the 3D. I guess it's just a feeling thing. I would have thought they'd have formally put it out there with the E3D name attached since it's already been announced. It seems more likely that they're just letting us know that it's coming on some yet unknown/unannounced set.

Either way, hope you're right and I'm wrong, whether I'd use it or not, it'd be nice to have the option.

Upvote 0
You're right, it doesn't entirely rule out rule out the 3D. I guess it's just a feeling thing. I would have thought they'd have formally put it out there with the E3D name attached since it's already been announced. It seems more likely that they're just letting us know that it's coming on some yet unknown/unannounced set.

Either way, hope you're right and I'm wrong, whether I'd use it or not, it'd be nice to have the option.

It could be licensing, or perhaps even testing issues keeping them from officially announcing it. TBH they really haven't announced a whole lot. AFAIK, the only official info came from CES and we haven't gotten squat outside of that. :(

Upvote 0
It could be licensing, or perhaps even testing issues keeping them from officially announcing it. TBH they really haven't announced a whole lot. AFAIK, the only official info came from CES and we haven't gotten squat outside of that. :(

I think you meant CTIA, but yeah agreed. Though reading through the old Evo 4G thread (that eventually got locked down), most of the drama shit hitting the fan happened in the month of April after CTIA, when there was a big void in official updates.

Reactions: lordofthereef
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones