• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please look at this photo of my screen - time running out

AirCatHeavy

Mar 4, 2011
I have tried several different new Stylo 2 phones. They all do this at the exact same place. This is a quality Tempered Glass screen protector. Every Stylo 2 phone I tried from my local Best Buy does this. Has anyone else had this issue or am I just getting bad phones in a batch from Best Buy? With no screen protector, (photo below is WITH protector on) if you hold the phone at just the correct angle with an overhead light, you can clearly see a warp in the glass of the phone next to the "LG". No way to remove that big air bubble with that warp in the OEM glass. I only have a few days left to return the phone is why I ask for your help asap. Thanks!

This is a photo with the tempered glass protector ON
LGStylo2WarpedGlass_zpseew5euho.jpg

Last edited:
I have tried several different new Stylo 2 phones. They all do this at the exact same place.
How is the phone packaged? Is there something in the box pressed up against the screen where the LG logo is?

Is that a photo with the screen protector on it, or the glass screen itself?
Looks like the screen protector is on, you can see the edge of it.

Upvote 0
...snipped..

Looks like the screen protector is on, you can see the edge of it.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking but his statement, "With no screen protector, if you hold the phone at just the correct angle with an overhead light, you can clearly see a warp in the glass of the phone next to the "LG"." led me to think it was a photo without the protector on it ;)

Reactions: kate
Upvote 0
Sorry about that. The photo is WITH the tempered glass protector ON

I'm really wondering if everyone with a Stylo 2 who tries to use a glass protector has the same issue?

If so, I'll just keep it and deal with it. If not, I have 3 days left to return it and but one elsewhere.

I tried several tempered glass screen protectors and they ALL had the exact same bubbles in the exact same place. Everywhere else is perfect.

my guess is that the process LG uses to stamp the LG logo on the glass causes the warp and they all have it. But then glass shouldn't warp like that :thinking:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry about that. The photo is WITH the tempered glass protector ON

I'm really wondering if everyone with a Stylo 2 who tries to use a glass protector has the same issue?

If so, I'll just keep it and deal with it. If not, I have 3 days left to return it and but one elsewhere.

I tried several tempered glass screen protectors and they ALL had the exact same bubbles in the exact same place. Everywhere else is perfect.

my guess is that the process LG uses to stamp the LG logo on the glass causes the warp and they all have it. But then glass shouldn't warp like that :thinking:
My guess is that it is the protectors or the way they are being applied. I have serious doubts that it is the phones.

Upvote 0
My guess is that it is the protectors or the way they are being applied. I have serious doubts that it is the phones.

Please note that I explained that you can see a warp on the OEM glass (no protector installed)
That same "warp" was on several brand new Stylo 2 phones. All from Best Buy.

I can assure you the protectors were installed perfectly lint free, dust free and as directed. ;)

ALL the phones I tried (from Best Buy) had the exact same bubbles at the exact same place with different glass screen protectors.

Definitely a defect on the phones glass.....the only question is are ALL Stylo 2 phones like that?

Upvote 0
Perhaps a regular screen protector would work better. They are not rigid like the tempered glass ones and would mould to the screen better.

I "think" this is correct. I spoke with the mobile phone salesperson and that was what she thought also.
If I were to find out that NOT all Stylo phones were like this, I'd still return this one because I really like the glass protectors better.

I may have to live with the bubbles. Just wondering if others with Stylo 2 phones had tried a glass protector and had the same issue.

Thanks

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I have tried a couple of tempered glass protectors 9 in fact and all of them left a bubble at the bottom center of the screen just as in your picture. I ended up using the dmax screen protector its not tempered but it does give some protection without any bubbles.

THANK YOU!!!!

So it's confirmed it is a Stylo 2 issue with all of them. Now I know.
Thank you SO much for chiming in :D

Now I'll just keep it.

PS...I "think" I know an easy way to resolve this issue and use a glass tempered protector with absolutely no bubbles. As soon as I try it I'll chime back in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
I got this one:

Https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EBI0LQY/

Apart from managing to get a few pieces of dust under it, it went on without anything like you've experienced. I got my phone from Amazon as well not a box store.

Edit: the phone does have the same design flaw, it's obviously a defect LG should have caught in quality control before shipping the first batch and didn't bother/care. The glass I linked to goes on without leaving bubbles though.

Edit 2: it spontaneously cracked. I'm not inclined to blame the protector, it's the wavy phone screen causing stress on the glass protector. Go with plastic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones