• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please, no more "EPIC v. EVO"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdforte69

Jun 17, 2010
Could we please not have any more "Epic v. Evo," "An Evo user's experience with Epic," or anything of the sort on this forum? Threads such as those do not stimulate any informative discussion. All they do is re-hash the same tired arguments about which device is better and are quite frankly pointless.

I for one love my new Epic. I had an EVO, and it didn't work out for me (either of the two I had!) So, I chose to move on to the EPIC. Once I did I quit reading/posting in the EVO forum. Why is it that there are so many EVO users spamming hate in this forum? If you like your EVO then great! Why do you feel the need to come in here and tell us all how terrible the EPIC is in comparison?

I propose that we have a sub-forum for "Evo v. Epic" related threads so that we don't have to constantly wade through all of the back and forth non-sense!

Could we please not have any more "Epic v. Evo," "An Evo user's experience with Epic," or anything of the sort on this forum? Threads such as those do not stimulate any informative discussion. All they do is re-hash the same tired arguments about which device is better and are quite frankly pointless.

I for one love my new Epic. I had an EVO, and it didn't work out for me (either of the two I had!) So, I chose to move on to the EPIC. Once I did I quit reading/posting in the EVO forum. Why is it that there are so many EVO users spamming hate in this forum? If you like your EVO then great! Why do you feel the need to come in here and tell us all how terrible the EPIC is in comparison?

I propose that we have a sub-forum for "Evo v. Epic" related threads so that we don't have to constantly wade through all of the back and forth non-sense!

well, the Evo vs Epic comparisons do stimulate informative discussions. because there are so many threads proves that a lot of people care about those comparisons. in the good comparisons, people aren't trying to say one is better than the other rather than discuss the pros and cons of each device. the Evo "hate" you speak of doesn't come from the good comparisons that i speak of. they are unbiased and listing what they like/dislike about one and what they like/dislike about the other.

i agree that there should be a sub forum for this comparison since it is important to so many (you kinda contradicted yourself here unless you meant no more comparisons in the Epic sub-forum. you weren't very clear).

the comparisons are certainly not going to stop anytime soon since these two phones are so neck and neck and a lot of people still haven't picked either up.

to top it off, i have yet to see one comparison which went over every single last detail. even putting all the comparison threads together and there's still some things missing.

sorry if you don't like people talking about it, but after all isn't that what the forums are for? ;)

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0
We have one in the Evo forum also. Would it make sense to have it there and not here. Just ignore the Evo vs Epic forums. They should start to trickle down once the hype if gone and once there is a big enough thread detailing the phone, I am sure we won't see new threads popping up all the time. Not trying to be rude by the way

I personally think the comparisons are good because there are plenty of people on the fence about both phones and they can get perspectives from both sides.

Upvote 0
Exactly, why do we need an Evo vs Epic forum. I mean, it doesn't take a genious to know the Epic along with the rest of the Galaxy S phones are the fastest, most mind blowing Android phones on the market. Fastest CPU, Fastest GPU, Gorgeous Super Amoled screen. (only down fall is the GPS). The Evo is subpar, lets just leave it at that and close this thread already.

J.K :)

Upvote 0
I think they have their place, as long its informative and not, "Touchwiz sucks" or "Light leakage ftl" or some crap like that.

Being the two big phones on Sprint, honestly, I think comparing these two are more important than Epic vs. iPhone or Droid, etc. When I got my phone, I know I was staying with Sprint, so comparing against a phone exclusive to another carrier was useless. I got the Evo since it was three months ago, but if I were buying today, I'd be considering Evo or Epic, and really, that would be the only comparison I would care about.

Side note, I actually like the Samsung products I've bought in the past, and do not like slide out keyboards, so my plus and minuses most likely would be the reverse of many of the posts made here.

Upvote 0

Ive been perusing this forum for the past couple days and besides arguments between satisfied and the occasional unsatisfied Epic owner there hasnt been much out of normal conversation. Seems like a case of not wanting anyone else in YOUR sandbox.

As far as spamming hate here, the only hate spamming I see in any of the active threads is akin to this one. Damn, defending the hood or what?

I couldn't agree more! Most of the posters in this thread are EVO fanboys that can't admit that their phone is already irrelevant. The EPIC is far superior to the EVO in almost every way. Go back to your EVO forum and take your playa-hatin attitudes with you.

BTW that was a pretty damn good thread until those kinda statment came into play. http://androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g/163620-former-evo-users-bought-epic.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones