1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support PLEASE PLEASE HELP! PHONE STUCK ON LOGO & USER DATA BACK UP(RECOVERY MODE)

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by NSIdk, Mar 15, 2016.

1. NSIdk

NSIdk Lurker
    None

Mar 15, 2016
    Okay so my phone won't start up. Like it won't go beyond the company logo. I had this problem before too but I somehow got it to work. When I did get it to work, I thought I'd back up my stuff but there was no file manager? Then all the apps in my phone storage stopped working so I had no other option to try to reboot aaaand I'm back to square one. It won't work. My friend had a similar problem and she got told it's android glitch and they downgraded the system+factory reset. OKAY BUT. I managed to get to recovery mode and there is the user data back up option, right? NOW HELP ME OUT HERE-

1. IF I WERE TO BACK UP ALL THE USER DATA IN A SD CARD, WHAT ALL DATA ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?
    2. DOES THIS REALLY WORK? IS THERE ANYTHING I DO ALONG WITH IT?
    3. DO I FACTORY RESET AFTER? WILL IT DO ANYTHING IF IT IS AN APPARENT ANDROID LOLLIPOP GLITCH?
    4. WILL MY APP DATA BE STORED IN THE SD CARD TOO? I'M PRIMARILY CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHATSAPP CHATS.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT I HAVEN'T USED MY PHONE IN 3 DAYS I'M GOING CRAZY

Advertisement

2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    There isn't a data backup option in recovery although using adb you could pull data off the phone but you would have needed usb debugging to have been enabled when your phone was working. What phone is it?

3. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    On the contrary there is a back up data option if your recovery is custom such as clockwork mod,is your device rooted? Did you flash clockwork with rom manager from the playstore if so,there will be an option backup and restore data, select this option and then select backup data to sd, it will take a good moment to backup all the data, now of course this backup data is for in case something goes wrong during a factory reset or a system update, but what i like to do before all that is go to advance option if using custom recovery and in advance options select wipe davik cacbe, after that reboot the device, if not then proceed back into recovery mode and wipe cache and factory data reset. Afterthe factory reset let the phone boot up normally,after device fully boots up and you see the first time activation screen, shut down the device and once again boot into recovery select the option backup and restore data, there choose restore from sd, that might restore a lot of things back to the way they werebut might not restore certain things, hope it works out for you, good luck!