1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Please Please Please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cpatino, Feb 2, 2014.

1. cpatino

cpatino Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2014
    So my sgh-t989 power button was broken for a couple weeks which caused it to shut off by itself sometimes and make a repeating vibration. a couple weeks ago it did its routine stupid shut off, then it stays on the pulsating samsung logo until the freakin battery runs out. It does the little intro welcoming screen with the android flying and all that BS then its stuck at this Samsung screen. I tried taking the battery out and all that stuff with the power+volume and that wont work. I never "rooted" it or some mod that I have no idea what it means. ODIN, HARD BRICKED, SOFT BRICKED, ETC... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ALL THAT IS, All I know is that it was fine until this happened (besides power button acting up) and i have SOOO MUCH STUFF ON THE PHONE AND I DONT WANT TO WIPE THE MEMORY, I recently got a replacment sght989 from tmobile and I have a couple days to return the broken one. PLEASE ANYONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME JUST GET MY PICTURES AND OTHER FILES TO MY COMPUTER AT LEAST CUS I CANNOT LOSE THEM. Also I connected it to my computer and it shows up in "devices and printers" but I cant access any files. I am a SUPER noob at this kind of stuff so please HELP!

Advertisement

2. awoolf

awoolf Newbie
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    Your problem is almost certainly a bad power switch. See these threads:

Galaxy S II Won't Turn On!!! Only beeps!!!
    samsung galaxy s II won't turn on-vibrates | Support
    Blank Screen, Will not do anything except pulse... | Support
    FIX: Constant reboot and vibrates every two seconds
    Galaxy SII SPH-D710 Power Button issues

It's a VERY common problem on several Galaxy S2 models. (You can simulate the issue on a good T989 by holding down the power switch when you turn it on - it will sit there and vibrate every few seconds with a blank screen, until you release the power button)

If you don't have insurance coverage and are out of warranty, you can replace the switch yourself for under $10 if you have the tools and skill, or send it in for repair for about $40. (Both via eBay)