• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please post here when you receive ics ota

If its rolling out they would tell but so many people are getting updates right now the company has not released anything for the rezound and it rolled out I c s the first week....the Verizon person also said droid 4 is rolling out I c s so they didn't say anything about just my phone I'm not some dumbass when it comes to phones I may not know how to be a developer but I know how to get info from a rep

Upvote 0
I do find it odd that I am now getting this message, even though I am able to browse the web and use the phandroid app.

2012-08-21 16.51.15.png

Upvote 0
She made a general statement that the ice cream sandwich update to android 4.0 for all LG spectrum phones was indeed currently rolling out...she mentioned that it was rolling in phases by region but wouldn't tell an exact region and she said my phone didn't have any update at that Time but it was coming in the next few weeks....she also said the Motorola Droid 4 was rolling the update and the HTC Rezound was rolling the update as well so that's why it would take longer

Upvote 0
She made a general statement that the ice cream sandwich update to android 4.0 for all LG spectrum phones was indeed currently rolling out...she mentioned that it was rolling in phases by region but wouldn't tell an exact region and she said my phone didn't have any update at that Time but it was coming in the next few weeks....she also said the Motorola Droid 4 was rolling the update and the HTC Rezound was rolling the update as well so that's why it would take longer

If so i would be very happy! i wasn't saying that you were wrong earlier, I was just stating that when i called there wasn't any info. Your rep could have been confused but it does explain that i would be getting network busy or no connection if three phones were getting it at once. I want to believe you, but i'm skeptical until i see the update for myself (meaning other people posting and people getting it)

Upvote 0
the lady Verizon rep on the phone earlier today told me that it was indeed rolling out for the ICS for LG Spectrum...i verified that we were talking about the same phone VS920 model and she confirmed...so the pending update could mean your phone should have it in the beginning weeks of it rolling out

Well that's pretty exciting. Still skeptical but anxious! Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0
The thunderbolt has working ICS as team BAMF leaked the ROM last night. This is bittersweet as I have family still using the bolt who are very excited, but seriously the phone is almost 2 years old and got ICS before the Spec which has amazing hardware.

it's not almost 2 years old. Its 9 months from being 2 years old.

Upvote 0
Talked to a rep in a store today. She said the LG rep says within the next few weeks. Samsung had a contract to be the only phone with ICS until June. The droid just for the update last month.

I'll take it with a grain fo salt, but if the contract part is true, it would explain why nothing came out during Q2.

That does make sense. But if Verizon had known about this said contract, why were all the reps i spoke under the impression that the Spectrum would be getting ICS by the end of Q2?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones