• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please post here when you receive ics ota

Ya'll seem to think that because it is taking so long, then lots of people must be working really hard on it. I doubt that this is the case.
:smokingsomb:

i think it's the exact opposite. No one is working on it, that's why it's taking so long. But hopefully i'm wrong.

OH I'm sorry! I'm only ONE PERSON, PLAYFULGOD IS ONE PERSON.

Seriously, We're working on it. GTFO.

I have a job. I have bills to pay. I'm also pursuing a degree in Computer Programming.

Sorry its taking so long. I'm sorry its not out yet. Time is just hard to come by! But I'm doing my best.

Seriously, continue with your No ICS/CM9 bullshit and i'll pull my repos. and leave you ****ers with your dicks in your hand.

LAST WARNING.

PERIOD.

Upvote 0

I have a job. I have bills to pay. I'm also pursuing a degree in Computer Programming.

Sorry its taking so long. I'm sorry its not out yet. Time is just hard to come by! But I'm doing my best.

Seriously, continue with your No ICS/CM9 bullshit and i'll pull my repos. and leave you ****ers with your dicks in your hand.

LAST WARNING.

PERIOD.

I could be mistaken, but I think this thread is referring to the delays of the official LG ICS release, rather than your efforts to bring Cyanogenmod 9 to the Spectrum.

Upvote 0
I am not. I am extremely happy with the function of my phone on the GB based Black Plague Rom. It does everyting i need and want it to do, and does so very well (imo). I would love to have ICS, dont get me wrong here, but im not gonna loose any sleep or get my torch and pitch fork out over it. i under stand it was promised, and that would be super shitty if its not delivered. however it will not be the end of the world for me, i feel i have bigger fish to fry than a cell phone OS update.

Then why are you here, responding to this thread?

Upvote 0

LAST WARNING.

PERIOD.

I was only referring to the Verizon official ICS release.

Upvote 0
Lol. For real people everyone needs to calm down and get some perspective, we are talking about an update for a fn phone. The update is coming... granted not as fast as we would like. For those of you talking about suing VZW all I can say is see how far that flies..smh

D2a not sure what prompted your rant but I honestly don't think anyone is complaining about you or pg effort to get cm going.

Reactions: lfeqlbrm
Upvote 0
Lol. For real people everyone needs to calm down and get some perspective, we are talking about an update for a fn phone. The update is coming... granted not as fast as we would like. For those of you talking about suing VZW all I can say is see how far that flies..smh
this hole situation is exactly whats wrong with the world today. everybody is freaking sue happy. " oh you called me a name, im suing".

Upvote 0
d2a, I for one am patiently waiting, you guys who can do this on the side on top of the rest of your life have some extreme dedication, and i give you all a lot of props. I don't think it was intended to be directed toward you.

I waited for over a year for the FroYo release on my LG ally after VZW promised it by end of Q1, and personally, i LOVED the velocity OS much better. Waiting for the spectrum release of ICS or the other dev's versions i think are a much better wait anyway.

Upvote 0
There alt of us that followed D2A and team velocity on our Ally I for one have respect or Dev team they could very well go develop somewhere else it just do nothing but come home work and relax far as Verizon ICS ota complaining only making the wait longer cause it damn sure not going to speed it up any it will release when they get ready I think half time they read these forums and delay it again just to see how many more bs threats. Hoping we piss our devs off n get stuck with there BS bloat.ware just my opinion on things

Upvote 0
On October 1, I will be in my local Verizon store with my specturm and my contract. If the spectrum doesn't have ICS, I won't leave with the phone or the contract. Unless they give me a damn good phone to make up for it :D. I hope others are thinking this way too.
Good luck with that. I suggest you READ your agreement before you make an ass of yourself like you plan to.

Verizon won't return or exchange your phone because you aren't getting an OTA as you *thought* you would. You can return it, but you'll get hit with the cancellation fee. The *only* time you can gripe about an OTA would be if it was written into your agreement... But it's not, so as d2a said: chill the f*@k out and everyone stop whining. You aren't going to get it any faster by calling vz daily and they're not going to return your phones unless there's something wrong with them; even then it takes 3 defective phones before they'll give you a different phone model.

Frankly, I'm tired of this constant complaining about not receiving the ota. If you wanted ics that bad, you should have bought a phone with it already installed. You should have expected gb on this phone and be thankful if anything else was pushed to it.

Upvote 0
I got tired of the the angst in waiting for the update ....GOOD BYE LG SPECTRUM HELLO SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS

"This is a new rumor from my google searching around for answers about the LG Optimus LTE which is the same as Verizon's LG Spectrum model:
LG in their home land has starting pushing the Android 4.0 upgrade to the LG Optimus LTE owner and finally we see something good happening. LG also said that within 30 days they will cover the upgrade to remaining devices as planned and other in the Q3 and this is something to cheer as the devices finally gets updated after much delay of the updates.
hopefully this is good information cause now i am very excited to find out for sure...but i was speculating for my own sake that we would get it for our spectrum models before the end of september since its been delayed so many f***ing times"

Is this not you Ghavas over at the LG forums? Why would you be jumping ships if it's coming very soon. Also, aren't you also the person that said that the OTA rollout was last week, and it would be here by the end of september? Seems like you don't have a lot of faith in what you say then... Just my $0.02

Reactions: Nokoko
Upvote 0
This thread is starting to make me feel like I'm back on xda in the fascinates glory days...

Next all we need is another enyo(you fascinate guys should get what I mean
The ota is taking forever... I know but if you can't be happy with any of the newer roms maybe you should get Verizon to send you a refurbished phone... IM on my 4th spectrum and running my ROM... And IM finally content... I've realized that most of the problems come from the weaker devices.... I've been running this one hard.. Playing zombies for hours nonstop at 1.8 GHz no reboots.. Ran antutu at Max speed without reboots...

Upvote 0
This thread is starting to make me feel like I'm back on xda in the fascinates glory days...

Next all we need is another enyo(you fascinate guys should get what I mean
The ota is taking forever... I know but if you can't be happy with any of the newer roms maybe you should get Verizon to send you a refurbished phone... IM on my 4th spectrum and running my ROM... And IM finally content... I've realized that most of the problems come from the weaker devices.... I've been running this one hard.. Playing zombies for hours nonstop at 1.8 GHz no reboots.. Ran antutu at Max speed without reboots...

Enyo, the man of a million promises. I seem to remember at one point he said he had IOS running on a Fascinate as well as WebOS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones