• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please post your Boost 3g speeds

chrisinsocalif

Jun 5, 2010
Orange County Ca
Reading other posts, it was mentioned Sprint throttles Boost users speeds down. IF you have an android phone here is the app to test your speed
Speedtest.net app
(disconnect your phones wifi connection before testing)

I did two tests at different times of the day on their CDMA on the Prevail:
Test one(medium reception evening): 500 ave kbps up and down
Test two(medium high reception mid-day): 600 kbps down, 250 kbps upload

Reactions: JDWired
Sacramento, CA

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 0
I live in southern MD. i used to get average speeds of 100-350k download. for last one week....the signals would drop intermittently when i am at my home. the phone would make the notification tone for signal.....then the 3G speeds came down to 10-50 K download :(
then i used a sprint PRL yesterday...speeds were 500-800K....i was delighted :)
but now even with sprint PRL speeds are back to 10-50K download.....and same signal are dropping intermittently.....any suggestions?
BTW...i did use the 3g supercharger and V6 supercharger and EDVO=4gv thing....but it didnt help at all....so i restored the nandroid back to original....still using 01115 PRL though..... the stock is 61007 which gives same speeds :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones